TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

LED TAIL LIGHTS 1971-72 Javelin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2021 at 7:25pm
Just got this response.... Not really "angry" but kinda annoyed in that they did phone me and ask me to ship them my tail lights so they could make this in 3-4 weeks..... over a year ago? I guess thats the joys of owning a low production car. Glad they are doing well business wise though, good for them! 

"Brad our company has run into something we have never experienced before. A high demand for our tail lights, like we have never seen. The orders have increase by 3 fold.

With that said, Jim has no time for development at this time. When he does, your 71 Javelin will be one of the first tails light he will develop. People have called and requested this tail light also, and we have to tell them, keep checking our website.

We are a small 3 person family business. As it is now, we are working 6-7 days a week to try and deliver our product in 4 week. Our goal, has always been 2 weeks.

No vacations in years to keep up with demand for production. We are truly trying out best to help everyone.

So please know we want to develop you Javelin tail light, but no time to do it.

Thanks for your patience,"

Perrybones View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Perrybones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2021 at 5:10pm
I just bought and installed the 70 Javelin kit. Not an easy installation, housing have to come out completely and be drilled for mounting the LED boards. The wire from one board to the other is very tight and I could barely get the two boards to mount without a bit of stretching.

After installation I had major grounding issues because of the lousy original light sockets that barely hold in place. You are dependent on them snapping in tight or not having enough ground so an additional ground wire needs to be run.

You also have to run a "key on" hot wire to the LED boards if you want to use the different patterns.

Now I am having problems with the parking light portion of the LED boards flashing while one of the turn signals is on. All grounds and voltage is good. Easy Performance said to check voltage at parking lights, that voltage is 12V steady, yet the LEDs go dim and bright while turn signals on.

Cant win with these tail lights or most of the electrical in these cars, I know, I have this Javelin for 43 years! Another 250 bucks out the window if I have to rip these boards out.
Perry 70 Javelin SST 390, 69 AMX 343, 73 AMX 360, 67 Rebel SST Conv and 92 Corvette Conv. (modern muscle to keep wife happy).
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2021 at 11:48pm
Got this reply this week......

Can you do me a favor, take one of your 70 Javelin kits and see if they will fit in my 71 Tail light housing/lenses I sent you? They look close? 
Thanks Brad

sales@easyperformance.com

Tue, Apr 13, 8:45 AM (4 days ago)
to me

Hi Brad,

It’s ironic that you email us. I took some time out this past Sunday to determine the circuit board that we would need for the 1971 Javelin. We ordered the circuit board design on Monday and will take just over 2 weeks to get them. Once I receive them, I will attempt to devote some of my free time continuing the development process with the goal of having them completed as soon as I can.

Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/16/2021 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Perrybones Perrybones wrote:

I just bought and installed the 70 Javelin kit. Not an easy installation, housing have to come out completely and be drilled for mounting the LED boards. The wire from one board to the other is very tight and I could barely get the two boards to mount without a bit of stretching.

After installation I had major grounding issues because of the lousy original light sockets that barely hold in place. You are dependent on them snapping in tight or not having enough ground so an additional ground wire needs to be run.

You also have to run a "key on" hot wire to the LED boards if you want to use the different patterns.

Now I am having problems with the parking light portion of the LED boards flashing while one of the turn signals is on. All grounds and voltage is good. Easy Performance said to check voltage at parking lights, that voltage is 12V steady, yet the LEDs go dim and bright while turn signals on.

Cant win with these tail lights or most of the electrical in these cars, I know, I have this Javelin for 43 years! Another 250 bucks out the window if I have to rip these boards out.

Well thats not encouraging! I have digitail leds in my 70 Challenger tail lights  for years now with no issues. I wonder if your turn signal switch needs replacing? 
72_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 72_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2021 at 3:51pm
Hi Thanks for the Info. I had just started today trying to see if anybody had done a set for a 1972 AMX. I will also contact Easyperformance and see if maybe more intrest will help.  
being Alive is not the same as Living
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2022 at 5:23am
Anything new to report? 
javguy
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/18/2022 at 6:13pm
Finally some good news! I just got this email today! 

Quote....

EPP Sales <sales@easyperformance.com>

4:42 PM (2 hours ago)
to supportme

Look at our website! Thanks to you for letting us use your housing and lenses and your patience. We are no longer doing any development work, so you are the last one to get a new kit.

Jim will get the circuit boards done in the next month, and be ready to ship to you.

The cost is $255.00. If you need a Low Current Flasher Module it is $20.00, Total $275.00

I’ll need your information to send to you.

Thanks and spread the news,

End quote...

Here is a link on their website! 

https://easyperformance.com/products/amc-javelin-amx-sequential-led-taillight-kit-71?_pos=1&_sid=fd5ca0f51&_ss=r

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic