TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

LED TAIL LIGHTS 1971-72 Javelin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED TAIL LIGHTS 1971-72 Javelin
    Posted: Jan/22/2020 at 2:46pm
This started over on the 70 Javelin post , but thought it best if I start one more geared towards 71-72

Just a heads up FYI.....
Anyone wanting led tail lights for their 1971-72 Javelin maybe send a request. More people that inquire maybe the faster it will get done! 

Here is some email correspondence that I've engaged in. 

Jan 17, 2020
Hello,  I'm looking for led tail lights for my 71 Javelin. Any chance you would make some?  I would be willing to send you /borrow  a set of tail lights to use to make a kit?
Thanks Brad

EPP Sales <sales@easyperformance.com>

Mon, Jan 20, 10:11 AM (2 days ago)
to mesupport

Brad we do have one we are going to develop in the future. I will put you on my list to notify when we complete the new tail light.

Thanks for the interest,

Donna Wierzbicki

Sales Manager

Easy Performance Products, LLC

4600 Bonnie Ave. SE

Kentwood, MI 49508

PH: 616-214-7880

Fax: 616-608-4625

Edited by Brad - Jan/22/2020 at 3:01pm
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2020 at 2:54pm
I have digitail led tail lights in my 1970 Dodge Challenger and love them no issues in almost 10 years now .  I asked Matt about making them for my Javelin and this was his response....
So start asking people! Smile

matt@digi-tails.com

3:51 PM (0 minutes ago)
to me
Thank you for your request. We are always designing new products based on
customer demand. If you want to speed up the time-to-market for your
particular request feel free to tell your friends who want the same product
to request it as well.

Thanks,

DIGI-TAILS Team
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2020 at 3:10pm
FWIW I've already talked to Matt at Digitails (in person) and he's not interested because of not enough volume. IMO you're better off pursuing Easy Performance to make them. I think you have a shot at getting those made.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/05/2020 at 9:24am
Hello all, Just an update Easy Performance just called and asked if I could send down my tail lights 
( I offered) as they are willing to make a kit. They figured on a couple months till they were ready. Winter is a perfect time to get this done! Car is stored for the winter anyhow. ( I'm in Canada)
Good news as it's tough to get businesses to produce parts for our old AMC's! Thumbs Up
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2020 at 1:01pm
Just a small update.... mailed off a pair of tail light assemblies  this morning, so hopefully in a couple of months there should be a kit available!  
Shout out/thanks to member Camjam  for selling me a nice set awhile back( Thanks!) , allowing me to mail off my old crudy looking ones to make a kit from. As No way I would mail off a nice set. 

Anyone wanting a kit should contact Easy Performance  to encourage them along!  

sales@easyperformance.com

Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2020 at 2:11pm
Got this email update, thought I'd pass along.....

Hi Brad,

Yes, we did receive the taillight assemblies. Jim has evaluated them and selected what circuit boards will be used for developing the kit. We will be including a set of boards for development the next time that board design is going through production. This should happen over the next three weeks. That’s where we stand at this point.

Thank you,

Donna Wierzbicki

Easy Performance Products, LLC

4600 Bonnie Ave. SE

Kentwood, MI  49508

USA

Ph: 616-214-7880 (10am - 5pm ET, M-F)

Fax: 616-608-4625

71 Javelin AMX O.O. View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71 Javelin AMX O.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2020 at 4:08pm
what are the details on these systems? I'm assuming they don't just replace the original filament bulbs with LED bulbs? This sounds expensive, too?
Steve
Original owner 71 Javelin AMX
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2020 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by 71 Javelin AMX O.O. 71 Javelin AMX O.O. wrote:

what are the details on these systems? I'm assuming they don't just replace the original filament bulbs with LED bulbs? This sounds expensive, too?
Steve
Original owner 71 Javelin AMX

Not 100% sure but I think around the same as the 68-70 $245  They replace the bulbs with a circuit board . Look on this post for more info on how they work. 
Cricket View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/05/2021 at 9:19pm
Since this is a year old from the last post, I wanted to revive it. Has there been any update, as you were told it could/would be a few weeks. I really want a set for my 71, and a potential future 72. These would fit the bill, and when I showed the wife how they work, on the website, she really likes them.
Thanks,

Cricket
Brad View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2021 at 6:41am
No, nothing new to report unfortunately!  Once in awhile I send an email politely asking how its proceeding, with no response.  Kinda disappointed in them as I did ship them a tail light assy to use as a pattern. I'm at the point I'll be needing it soon too. I'll try again today.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic