TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Leaf springs from McVeigh's Truck Springs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaf springs from McVeigh's Truck Springs?
    Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 8:08pm
72 Gremlin X
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 8:17pm
There was a review of McVeigh's springs on a Ford truck forum I frequent.

They got an absolutely horrible review. Springs took months to arrive, after lots of promises that they would ship quickly. When they arrived, they were too narrow. McVeigh's said send them back, with you paying for shipping & we will look at them. Sent 'em back, that was the last time McVeigh made contact with the buyer. No more answers to email or phone calls.  Since it took months for them to arrive, too late to file a claim with CC company.
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 8:26pm
Hmmm...I know the low price and 100% positive feedback are enticing. But stories like that are frightening!  Thanks.  Anyone else ?
72 Gremlin X
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 9:27pm
Sometimes it's worth paying for quality parts that you know will work. You can specify ride height you want etc. Most of the time the cheap route just ends up costing more later in $$$ and aggravation.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/25/2016 at 11:49pm
if it's too good to be true.. it usually isn't. Caveat Emptor. gz
george z
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 12:04am
Hi. Having said the above, I will go out on a limb and recommend Stengel Bros. Inc. www.stengelbros.net. In Whitehall, PA. Last year i ordered a pair of rear leaf springs from them for my 84 Eagle sedan. Not only do they stock them, they offer 3 , THREE!! different gauges. And, since I was worried about my Eagles droopy butt :) they even arched them a little extra for me. Arrived within a week, looked good, are on the car, fit perfect. And, when you call, someone picks up the phone. I use Ebay sometimes, but honestly, only as a LAST resort. Again, Caveat Emptor! good luck, gz
george z
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 12:13am
oh, and the price was not much more than that ebay price, maybe +$30. forget now, and hey, they make 'em, here in the USA! is that cool or what! gz
george z
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/26/2016 at 8:10am
Thanks. Stengel Brothers is on my radar. I appreciate the first-hand testimonial!
72 Gremlin X
BrotherBamc View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherBamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2016 at 1:32pm
I got a set of springs from them for my Gremlin a couple of months ago.
Shipped right out, they were packaged nicely and seem like a nice product.
I don't know about other people's experience with them, but I thought that it was good experience.
Now for the springs themselves...??
Haven't been able to do anything with the car for a few months now, but I am getting back at it soon.
Hope this helps..
I can post up a couple of pics if you'd like?
William
77 CJ5 360
73 Gremlin 401 4 speed
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
My Garage
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/29/2016 at 1:37pm
Yes, I'd like to see a photo or two. Did each leaf seem as thick as your originals?  Also, from what I've gathered, these are the heavy duty version with 5 leaves and 6 1/4" arch.
72 Gremlin X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic