TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

leaf spring isolators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xspiriment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: leaf spring isolators
    Posted: Oct/18/2021 at 7:56am
Have a question about the leaf spring isolators for a 1979 Spirit AMX. Found these from general spring made for a ford granada part SKU  # FRI-202. Has any one tried these or is there a supplier that makes them for AMC specific. Is there a polyurathane replavment? Thanks Paul
xspiriment View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xspiriment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2021 at 7:14pm
I posted a question about these leaf spring isolators and had no response. Any way i took my chances on them and bought 4 to replace the ones on my 1979 Spirit AMX/ Looks like there going to work fine maybe a little thicker or mine were worn badly. Next is to straighten the sway bar brackets and reinforce them somehow so they won't bend again. Hard to see in pic but bracket has a bow in it. See my pics and let me know what you think
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2021 at 7:48pm
Great find!

The sway bar bracket is supposed to have that bend to it.
AMO Newsletter Editor
tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/19/2021 at 8:25pm
That's a great find. Alas, all my cars are so old no IsoMounts. 

Thanks for the research purchase and follow-through!

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/24/2022 at 10:28pm
That does look like what I received from ESPO.  The rubber seems to be easier to find than the steel plates that surround it.  The years have not been kind to most of the ISOCLAMP pieces I have found.  

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic