TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2022 July 26-30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
AMX/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMX390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2021 at 12:17pm

I like the idea of attending two AMC shows and would be happy if they were consecutive weekends. In the case of 2022, we are thinking of flying into Kenosha on Monday the 25th and renting a car. Attending the Kenosha Homecoming from July 26-30. Then we can drive to visit three friends, since I grew up in the area. Lake Zurich, Illinois (Dan)/Rochester,Indiana (Scott) and Lansing, Michigan (David). Then we attend the AMO Show and events in Detroit August 10-13. Fly out of Detroit on Sunday, August 14th. This requires three weeks off work. It can be done, but would be better if the shows were a week closer and I only had to take two weeks off work.
Tom

Edited by AMX390 - Aug/12/2021 at 10:46am
I love The AMC forum!

http://www.amx390.com

Eagleman SX/4 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eagleman SX/4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2021 at 9:22am
Hi Tom,
Apologies for not finding your message earlier.  Kenosha city puts on the Kenosha Homecoming, and of course the push backs are sad and annoying.  However whatever part of the city that does the work, it's all up to the city counsel to make the decision of approving or cancelling it, and all that has been due to the adjustments we have had to make with COVID.

Also AMO has nothing to do with the Kenosha show, it's totally up to the city.  Then the AMO International shows held each year in different areas, is also something that is planned in advance.  They try to target the same time of the year.  So when the Great Lakes Classic AMC Club put in our bid to host the convention in 2019 it's 2 years of planning to put it on.

1st things we had to do was to secure a host hotel, along with a date that would work for GLCAMC.  in 2010 we planned it close to the Woodward Dream Cruise so folks could experience something really different.  Next year is the same a week before the actual Dream Cruise of a million people, and week before "everybody's" cruising early anyway (plus less every day drivers at this time.

Hope this helps a bit.  We know not everyone can come, as which happens when Kenosha and AMO shows are on due to inconvenience.  I still believe that we will have a great turn out.  Lots of things are planned and a list of specialty cars that we are pursuing to get to come.

2021 came around and the plans were rolling.  Sunday is our annual Great Lakes Classic AMC All Family AMC show at Greenmead Historical Park.  So with than being behind us we are full tilt in planning a great time and show together.  Looking forward to seeing all there that can come.

Blessings
Richard

Blessings
Richard
Daily Driving AMC's since 1995...
5spdwagon View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2021 at 4:19pm
I wanted to go to Kenosha so bad a couple of years ago but now don’t really care to go with them canceling a outdoor show when rest of the country is doing shows makes no since to me.
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
JKJavelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKJavelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2021 at 4:49pm
It is not mandatory for the city of Kenosha to put this show on and I think a lot of us appreciate it when they do. They decided to cancel this year and I don't like it either, I'll be there next year. 
JK 
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/12/2021 at 8:19pm
Kenosha Homecoming is the Granddaddy of all AMC Shows. Like the politics or not it's still the biggest and best. It's only held every 3 years, so no point in people getting bent out of shape. I for one can't wait for 3 years to pass for the next one to happen. It's really a great experience if you've never been. I'll be at Joe's on Thursday night with all the crew next year enjoying the fun.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 12:36pm
Is the Homecoming still on or is the rug going to be pulled out....again....at the last minute?  Anyone know?
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 1:14pm
Subject line of this post needs to be edited. It is misleading, and incorrect. History Center has not changed the dates on their website.
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 7:31pm
The dates are there on the web site.  
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by gtoman_us gtoman_us wrote:

The dates are there on the web site.  

With all due respect, I think you missed the point of my post. The subject line "Kenosha Homecoming 2022 Rescheduled" certainly can be interpreted to mean that the upcoming meet in 2022 has been rescheduled. Very confusing to some possibly. I would suggest either changing the date back to 2021, as that was the original title before editing, or just remove the word "rescheduled". The closer we get to the show the more people will be looking for posts on the show, and this one will generate a lot of questions I would bet.
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 7:49pm
I see what you mean and I changed it.  Good catch and thank you.

Ron 
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic