TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2022 July 26-30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kenosha Homecoming 2022 July 26-30
    Posted: Feb/12/2021 at 6:27pm
Attempt #3 
July 26-30th 2022
More info to come once Kenosha Historical posts the official announcement.

Ron
Moderator Team

Edited by gtoman_us - Jan/12/2022 at 7:48pm
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
luuuucky View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luuuucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2021 at 7:49pm
AMO leadership and the people in Kenosha that make the decisions to hold or reschedule this event need to be made aware of a few facts.
The city of Kenosha or whomever it is that makes this call 
need realize by pushing the date out a year to 2022 they are directly having a negative effect on the attendance numbers for the AMO national convention scheduled for Detroit in 2022.
The event dates would be within a month of one another and only 300 miles apart.
The local club has already laid out money to secure hotel room, banquet facilities and show field.
Now they face the strong possibility that attendance and potential revenues will be severely cut.
The possibility that the whole scheduled event may be canceled is very real and not at all a unreasonable consideration.

Edited by luuuucky - Mar/04/2021 at 9:57pm
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2021 at 12:52pm
Makes me wonder if they wont just cancel again 2022....who knows?
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by purple72Gremlin purple72Gremlin wrote:

Makes me wonder if they wont just cancel again 2022....who knows?

X2
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2021 at 5:04pm
AMO leadership has very little to do with this. The park and the museum that uses it as a fund raiser are public venues, and they can not take a chance on any thing like holding a potential super virus spreader event.In the end this is a City of Kenosha decision under state regulations they must abide by. So they error on the side of safety . LRDaum
LRDaum
luuuucky View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luuuucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2021 at 10:50pm
The point I am trying to make is that it is the AMO's responsibility 
to work for and on behalf of a local chapter that has planned,
including the laying out of local club monies, for a national AMO event.

The fact of the matter is that hosting a national meet is a fund raising 
activity and standing by idly while another group pulls the rug out from under an AMO event is in no way supporting the local chapter.

As far as the reasons why they, the city of Kenosha, have made their decision is not my concern. 

They need not have, or give any reason at all for having, canceling or postponing their event, but they should be made aware of how their decisions impact the very group of people they themself hope to profit from.
elliet View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elliet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/05/2021 at 10:57pm
It is a shame that Kenosha 2022 didn't consider the AMO in Detroit prior to making the decision, at a bare minimum make them a week apart? Make a bad decision a positive!!

AMC could have their own Power Tour from Kenosha to Detroit (Or vice versa) during the week between the shows! For those who do not want to drive between the shows, there is also a ferry that takes you and your car across Lake Michigan. 

Sounds like a fun time to me, just pitching ideas as I am sick and tired of events being cancelled because of Covid, so to have a major event cancelled because of timing (Especially over a year away) is disturbing to me.
Tom
1970 BBB Javelin 390
Always Looking
AMXAL View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2021 at 1:01pm
  I am going to disagree with your statement, 1st of all, let me make this perfectly clear, AMO does NOT set the dates for the National shows, this is done by the local chapters in this case the Michigan chapter when they present their show package to the AMO Board. to the best of my knowledge the Board has never stopped a chapter from scheduling the shows. Michigan adjusted their show based on issues we are all aware of, the virus, as did Kenosha, Michigan was fully aware that Kenosha ,in all probability was going to reschedule their show for the same time frame next year. After a discussion with the President of the Michigan Chapter they decided that due to monies already paid out for hotel and t-shirt expenses they would continue on with the show. I think that having two major shows in the Midwest is a good thing for all AMC lovers, Michigan to Kenosha is less than a days drive, and actually 36% of AMO members live in Michigan or one state adjacent (not even consign Canadians). With this in mind this allows people to have a "bucket list" type thing to do both events. Another thing to consider as a positive is that those that travel long distances can do both also without layovers. I would suggest that you work with and support the local chapter to make a positive out of this, maybe join them if your not a member, join AMO, instead of pointing blame, that way you will understand the whole story. I think in the long run none of us know what is going to happen to our hobby and shows, Covid changed our normal and we need to work with what we are given and make the most of it. If the shows don't work in your favor, I'm sorry, but it may benefit someone else. 
AMO President
Marlin Club Board Member
1974 Javelin AMX, 401
1967 Marlin
1969 Rebel Raider
1985 Renault Alliance Conv
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2021 at 2:44pm
As a long hauler I would love them to be a week apart!

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2021 at 10:08pm
If they were a week apart, I would try to attend both. I like AMO, I am a member and I appreciate the work that volunteers fo, but given a choice I will go to Kenosha.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic