TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2022 July 26-30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5spdwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 10:12am
Originally posted by JKJavelin JKJavelin wrote:

Many stay at the one at the lakefront, but it's probably full. Also, many of us stay at the Best Western Executive Inn near I-94 and Hwy 50. I just reserved my room the other day at  the BW and got sticker shock. Over $400 for 2 nights,  but it's a good time there. 
JK 
The last 2 shows I went to were 350 a night for one and 430$ a night for the last one for 3 days each 
Real hot rods have 3 pedals
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Farmboy Farmboy wrote:

Is there a particular motel in Kenosha where the amc owners like to stay for the homecoming 
Don't wast your time or money staying at the Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside. I stayed there 3-days ($400) the last time I was up there. Great view, super small rooms with very thin and I literally mean thin walls. Lodging out on I-94 has a lot of options, but then it requires a lot of back and forth driving. Staying somewhere around 6th Street other than Wyndham Garden is where I'll stay for the convenience and a lot of great walk to restaurants.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 11:07am
Originally posted by JKJavelin JKJavelin wrote:

Many stay at the one at the lakefront, but it's probably full. Also, many of us stay at the Best Western Executive Inn near I-94 and Hwy 50. I just reserved my room the other day at  the BW and got sticker shock. Over $400 for 2 nights,  but it's a good time there. 
JK 
I have a room for 3 nights at the Holiday Inn Express for $400 total.

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 1:22pm
It might be worth looking into some of the hotels in Racine and Mount Pleasant as well everyone. While they are in the next county to the North... they are easily commutable to Kenosha from as well. Just a thought.
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 2:02pm
Really the best spot has always been the hotels at the intersection of  I-94 and Highway 50 , as it has the most hotels of the area. Harbor Side is an old Holiday Inn and it was never very good in my opinion. But really there not a lot of hotels in the Kenosha area. There is a Radisson  if you want to go high end , although it is a bit off the beaten patch. Truthfully the event fills every hotel room from Racine ,Wisconsin almost down to Gurnee , Illinois. And if they are happening to the bicycle race in town the same weekend it is even worst. Sadly at this time it does not look like I'll be able to go this time. LRDaum
LRDaum
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by mramc mramc wrote:

Really the best spot has always been the hotels at the intersection of  I-94 and Highway 50 , as it has the most hotels of the area.

While that is true... unfortunately HWY 50 from the interstate all the way to Pershing Plaza is under massive construction and most likely it will stay that way until 2023. So this is something to be aware of because many of you won't want to drive your AMC vehicles down HWY 50 during this construction phase. There are other roads to commute East down from the interstate but those alternative roads will be heavily congested as well due to so many other people using them as secondary roadways from the interstate too. 

Information Found Here:

Please take this into consideration while researching good places to stay. Cheers!

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Apr/18/2022 at 2:57pm
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 7:24pm
Is there any camping options? I've looked a little and can't find anything that isn't a long ways away.

Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/18/2022 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

Is there any camping options? I've looked a little and can't find anything that isn't a long ways away.

Walmart parking lot!
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
bcsideshow View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcsideshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2022 at 8:59am

Bong Recreation Area

Yogi Bear Park caledonia.

Sanders Park Racine (probably the closest 15 minutes from show) .

Edited by bcsideshow - Apr/19/2022 at 9:01am
1969 SCRambler "B"
1970 AMX 390 Auto
1968 AMX 390 Auto
1970 Rebel Machine Project
1969 AMX 390 4SPD Project
1969 AMX 390 Auto Project
1969 Javelin 390 project
1997 Cherokee lifted
1998 TJ Lifted
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/19/2022 at 10:07am
Originally posted by gtoman_us gtoman_us wrote:

Walmart parking lot!

Oh that's really helpful. Thanks for the valuable contribution.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 17>
  Share Topic