TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2022 July 26-30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by gtoman_us gtoman_us wrote:

I see what you mean and I changed it.  Good catch and thank you.
Ron 

Thumbs UpThumbs Up
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 8:25pm

The dates are there on the web site.  

You are missing my point.  IIRC the dates were on the website the last time it was cancelled.  Any rumblings in the ground about this summer?  That's really what I am asking.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2022 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

The dates are there on the web site.  

You are missing my point.  IIRC the dates were on the website the last time it was cancelled.  Any rumblings in the ground about this summer?  That's really what I am asking.

I can’t confirm maybe some one local in Kenosha and connected with the History Center can chime in.

I have my hotel reservations since August so fingers crossed.
Ron 
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2022 at 7:39pm
The latest "Omicron" surge is expected to peak soon, so hopefully there won't be any new variants and the show will go on.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

theamcguy View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theamcguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2022 at 8:56am
In all fairness to the Great Lakes AMO Chapter planning the national event, plans were made for the 2022 show in late 2020/early 2021 before the Kenosha Homecoming meet was canceled and postponed to 2022.  In their mind during their planning the Kenosha Homecoming meet was already held and not a factor.  What they planned was a super event where attendees to the AMO National Event could stay over and catch the Woodward Dream Cruise the following week.  Therefore the dates were picked based on the Woodward Dream Cruise and the fact that originally the Kenosha Homecoming had already taken place.  Lets give the Great Lakes Chapter some slack here.  Once contracts are signed and plans put in place you have one option either cancel or go as scheduled.  Changing the dates  is difficult if not impossible.     
Bill Strobel
Fayetteville, NC
1967 Rebel SST
1969 SC/Rambler
1972 Hornet Sportabout
1976 Matador Brougham
AMCRC. AMCWC, AMO, NAMDRA

trewyn15 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trewyn15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2022 at 11:54am
There will be new variants, that's just how viruses work, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be as contagious or dangerous.  Viruses tend to get weaker as they mutate to stay alive.

That being said, I hope they continue with the show this year.. it's outside, if people are concerned about Covid I would think they can make an educated decision on their own to either wear masks or not go.
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition
2000 Trans Am WS6
1989 Trans Am GTA
1989 Grand Prix ASC/McLaren
1983 AMC Concord DL
1966 AMC Rambler Rebel Classic
Dan390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2022 at 5:42pm
My wife and I attended probably the last Kenosha homecoming that was held pre-covid if I am not mistaken and are wanting to go this July if it's held.

My question though is where does one find details on the events as well as locations "officially"?

Last time we literally were driving around, unfamiliar with Kenosha, or when anything was, or where, and fortunately found the pre-show the Friday before the big Saturday show just by sheer dumb luck, never saw a parade of AMC cars.

The actual city of Kenosha site is no help at all other than stating the main car show is Saturday.

We'd like to get the most out of this trip by being able to plan accordingly, is there now, or will there be later a source with official start/end times and dates, locations and event descriptions?

I know there was good local intel here by fellow board members, I just can't believe there isn't better info somehwere "officially" for a major city sponsered event?
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/21/2022 at 6:32pm
The City is not the organizer.  The Kenosha History Center is the host.
All we have is the Event link in the home page. https://www.kenoshahistorycenter.org/events.html.

I feel your pain on locations as well.  As we get closer maybe there will be more info on the agenda.

Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
1982AMCConcord View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2022 at 8:22am
My source at the Kenosha History Center said the show is a go and that the only thing that will stop it is if there's another serious COVID-19 outbreak in the months leading up to the event.  

Also... Just FYI... The city is not responsible for the show but the Mayor is involved in the process and the History Center often defers to his guidance. For the record... He is the biggest supporter of the History Center and knows how important the show is to our community.
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2022 at 10:31am
I rented a house for 2020, then cancelled and got a refund. I contacted the same owner and she remembered me, so I rented her house again for 2021. Then I had to cancel again and got a refund. For 2022, I am not sure if I can attend so no plans yet. 
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic