TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Kenosha Homecoming 2021 CANCELED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2021 at 3:27pm
They did very well at the last AMC show.Over a thousand cars entered at 15 to 20 dollars each.No awards,door prizes,parking by class etc.Just a cruise in.They will have it again.Hope they have it.Age of our owners is the big problem now as time passes.
BU1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BU1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by BU1 BU1 wrote:

I understand that there is a lot of work to be done in order to put this on, but couldn't they wait just a bit longer to make the decision? 5+ months out just seems a bit pre mature. But what do I know?

I still stand by my post from 6 weeks ago. Cancellation decision was made too early.

Edited by BU1 - Mar/24/2021 at 3:33pm
AMO #2726
#1 1968 AMX Rally Green 343 Z code 4spd since 1975 #02642
#2 1968 AMX Rally Green 290 N code 4spd since 2019 #02959
turbo View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2021 at 5:18pm
Like button......
they call me Capt RETIRED!
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2021 at 5:59pm
It is my understanding that the town didn't 'cancel' the event - they said they could host it, but would not guarantee that they wouldn't cancel it at the last minute if they deemed it necessary. Since it pulls people from all over the country the organizers felt the risk was too great without a more concrete approval from the city. Taste of Kenosha may just be rolling the dice, but it is also an easier event to cancel as I imagine it is mostly local people who participate.
AMO Newsletter Editor
typhoon View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2021 at 8:44pm
too bad about the event being cancelled. really looking forward to it as I am search of another car and very very few AMC in Ontario. Look on the bright side  my American neighbours ,at least you have some events to go to. up here in Ontario ,everything is cancelled all car shows,swap meets and races. You can only go to a race event if you are racing or a member of the crew ! I really don't understand that one since drag races are soooo poorly attended up here you have no problem keeping 100yards from the next person let alone 6 feet. I'd have to put my spit in a rifle to hit the other spectator at a race! . AND  since the border is  closed ,I can't attend any races or shows in your country. 2 years in a row!! Ta Ta
Censored
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2021 at 9:18am
I have cancelled the Kenosha event........I will never attend again. Way more better AMC events across the country to attend. 

Mike S. does a fantastic job for the Saturday show at Kennedy Park. That is the only "event". Long way to travel for a 1 day show. 

The rest of the week is alot of hoop-la about nothing. The so called "big parade" fell apart do to lack of police officer traffic control (2 motorcycle cops assigned to the entire parade route) and I had to rely on on my GPS to get us to the destination. I was at the back of the pack. It was a total embarrassment to the City of Kenosha.

This is my opinion and I am sure it will be met with disapproval by some. 
Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
gtoman_us View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtoman_us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2021 at 7:11am
The Friday swap meet is the top draw for me.  Finding NOS for a 64 Ambassador is an uncontrollable eureka moment(s).

The Saturday show and shine event is right up there.
Moderator - Emeritus

Used to collect trophies, now I collect gas receipts and put on miles

1964 Rambler Ambassador Cross Country Wagon
1965 GTO
1931 Model A original survivor
"Flat Roofs are Cool"
1969 BASE JAV View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1969 BASE JAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2021 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Ollie Ollie wrote:

I have cancelled the Kenosha event........I will never attend again. Way more better AMC events across the country to attend. 

Mike S. does a fantastic job for the Saturday show at Kennedy Park. That is the only "event". Long way to travel for a 1 day show. 

The rest of the week is alot of hoop-la about nothing. The so called "big parade" fell apart do to lack of police officer traffic control (2 motorcycle cops assigned to the entire parade route) and I had to rely on on my GPS to get us to the destination. I was at the back of the pack. It was a total embarrassment to the City of Kenosha.

This is my opinion and I am sure it will be met with disapproval by some. 
Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
Please put a show on and show the rest of us how it's done.  I stopped doing The Brat Stop  and Kemper center AMC shows due  to all the complaining  by the do nothing people.
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2021 at 4:31pm
Brat Stop was a great event. Kenosha is as well.
Heavy 488 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy 488 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2021 at 4:54pm
It's what you make it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic