TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Jeep Comanche long bed pickup box.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luuuucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep Comanche long bed pickup box.
    Posted: Jan/12/2021 at 7:40pm
I have a very nice Comanche long bed box that I no longer need.
Very clean, no rust in The normal wheel arch locations.
All the mounting studs are intact.
Minor dents on one side behind the wheel opening.
$300 located in mid Michigan
401MATCOUPE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2021 at 5:47am
Jeff...didn't you bring that back from California???  Might be good to mention that, no rust and your Michigan location makes people nervous.....Wink
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2021 at 2:59pm
Classic cars in California do rust quickly along the coast. We have a salty marine layer that doesn't dissipate in some areas until noon-ish. My brother brought a fine 68 Coronet R/T convertible from Michigan to Laguna Beach. His house only had a carport. In one year's time the car was rusting away from the inside out. He sold it when the paint started blistering. Eureka is really bad when it comes to classic cars rusting away. My son lived in Eureka over ten years. The salty marine layer in NORCAL travels up to twenty miles inland. Not fiction. 
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
luuuucky View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luuuucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2021 at 5:38pm
Thanks for the information.
I am very familiar with rust from all parts of this country.
This is a bed that I picked up locally but the truck was definitely 
not from the snow rust belt areas or a coastal car.
Probably not the site to sell it on but thought I would give it a try.
bigbadgreen View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbadgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/13/2021 at 7:17pm
I was hoping it was the whole truck.Wink ..had an 87, best truck i ever owned.
MESS WITH THE BULL
YOU GET THE HORNS!!

Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2021 at 10:29am
Originally posted by AMXFSTBK390 AMXFSTBK390 wrote:

Classic cars in California do rust quickly along the coast. We have a salty marine layer that doesn't dissipate in some areas until noon-ish. My brother brought a fine 68 Coronet R/T convertible from Michigan to Laguna Beach. His house only had a carport. In one year's time the car was rusting away from the inside out. He sold it when the paint started blistering. Eureka is really bad when it comes to classic cars rusting away. My son lived in Eureka over ten years. The salty marine layer in NORCAL travels up to twenty miles inland. Not fiction. 

I went to the Florida Keys to visit a cousin in the early 1980s. I was amazed to see so much rust on cars there- coming from NYC. You'd see a car with good paint that had major rot halfway up the quarter panel- but not on the bottom. Like you said, it was like they rusted from the inside out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic