TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Jeep CJ7 Tub

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firecopemt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep CJ7 Tub
    Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 2:33am
Here we go. Looking for a CJ7 Tub. The better it is, the better I'll pay. I will pick up due to shipping costs, and I could use a Road Trip. 

Contact me @ firecopx2_99@yahoo.com. Thanks.
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 6:03am
There a company based out of the Philippines that specializes in make tubs for the Jeeps. They have been make them for decades.   

I don't know the name off hand, I met a guy restoring a Jeep and he did a bunch of research and determined these were the best.   I did see the body prior to painting and was a extremely well made unit.  I'll should have his number and I'll try to contact him for you.

Or try contacting Watson and Sons in Pinefield, NC.  The specialize in the older Jeeps and a great folks to work with.  They are on the web.

JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 9:51am
You might consider using a Wrangler tub up to 1995 and converting it to resemble a CJ. Unless you are doing a total correct restoration. Having done a few and in the process of doing one now the conversion is not that difficult and there is a lot of information on the net. I found a MINT Wrangler tub in Alabama that is totally rust free, well worth the trip.
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

SPEED COSTS MONEY HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?
Firecopemt View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firecopemt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 10:29am
Thanks for the info. If you find the name of the outfit in the Phillippines, or know a distributor that deals with them, please let me know. Thanks again.
Heywood Jablomi
Firecopemt View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firecopemt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 10:37am
I have had several suggestions about using a newer tub, it's just I'm not too sure on exactly what has to be done for the conversion other than the gas tank, gas fill port, and 1 or 2 other items. If you know any shortcuts or how to make the transition easy, I could really use the advice. I have always used original parts on builds, and I am building one last 85 CJ7 to keep. I have found many newer tubs, but the unknown added expenses plus mixing certain items without having done it before is a little intimidating. If there are no major modifications other than the gas tank issues, I'm really interested. If you have time, maybe we can talk over the cell any day after 7 pm CST.
My name is Mark, 334-494-5285.
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 11:28am
MARK I WILL CALL YOU TONIGHT AFTER 7:00 CST
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 12:46pm
OK, What I'm told is the Philippine Jeep bodies while new are OFF from the USA Jeep build points. So, the stuff from the Philippines has to be modified to work. Look at Kaiser Willys . Web site is KaiserWilys.com . They take the Philippine stuff and put it n a Jeep buck and correct all that  is wrong. See web site. They also have a lot of tips on redoing Jeeps and supply a lot of Older Jeep parts.   LRDaum
LRDaum
mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 12:51pm
My mistake looking at the wrong catalog try : https://www.willysoverland.com/ . They are the ones with the fixed CJ7 tubs . LRDaum
LRDaum
JERSEYJOE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JERSEYJOE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2021 at 8:19pm

Mark my last Jeep build with a Wrangler tub
1985 J-20 PLOW TRUCK
1977 CJ 7 360 T-18 D 300
1970 AMX ex-SCCA car

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic