TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Javelin 68 front seats

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Javelin 68 front seats
    Posted: May/25/2022 at 2:52am
I bought my javelin with no seats, is there anywhere online that sells the full seat assembly? Everywhere I look on has the upholstery covers. I'd like to find a good well made replica of the originals or even originals if possible. Thanks
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 5:19am
There is a set of 69 seats on the 'for sale' section.  They are similar to the 68 except for headrests and potentially the recline levers.  I'm guessing it wouldn't be cheap to ship them, though.....

I don't believe that anyone is reproducing the seats or tracks.

Mike

1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
Javlex View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 5:42am
Thanks for the reply, do you know of any drawing of the original seats
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 6:58am
If not looking for original, 2003 Honda Accord coupe seats, other then contours, are within 1/2" of 69 Javelin/AMX seats. You have to make your own track mounts.
My car came without seats. Measured a buddies and visited half a dozen wreckers until I found seats that were close.
Back then, originals were also all but impossible to find in my area.
Javlex View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 7:10am
Something close to original would be ok. I would love to go to wreckers yards but here in the UK they aren't common and certainly don't have much in the way of American 
AMCPartsWarehouse View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMCPartsWarehouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2022 at 9:35pm
Hi everyone! If anyone looking for chrome side seat lever covers 68-70 I have them on my site, they are all robust metal constriction not some cheap made in China plastic. You can order them or other emblems and trim pieces at www.AmcPartsWarehouse.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic