TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

ISO Backing plate for AMX emblem for 73' grill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISO Backing plate for AMX emblem for 73' grill
    Posted: Oct/09/2020 at 3:45pm
Hi All,

Looking for a backing plate for the AMX emblem that goes in the center of the grill on a 71'-74' AMX.  

New one is certainly available, but $49.00!!  ShockedShockedShocked

If you've got an extra kicking around in your tool box, and you know you're never going to use it...I'd love to buy it at a reasonable price...  I probably ending up making one, but just thought I'd ask. Wink

This is the piece I'm looking for...any condition, just not broken in half.

304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/09/2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by DMack DMack wrote:

Hi All,

Looking for a backing plate for the AMX emblem that goes in the center of the grill on a 71'-74' AMX.  

New one is certainly available, but $49.00!!  ShockedShockedShocked

If you've got an extra kicking around in your tool box, and you know you're never going to use it...I'd love to buy it at a reasonable price...  I probably ending up making one, but just thought I'd ask. Wink

This is the piece I'm looking for...any condition, just not broken in half.

I can create a copy from my mold for you. Not original abs, but looks like it. Looks better than the one pictured. $10.00 shipped but won't be in my garage til the 13th. If nobody comes up with one pm me, by then. Not many request them, and I am not in competition with vendors any way, so that is why I don't post in the for sale section.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2020 at 11:33am
Just about done... geezo! Weather sucks for painting.

Here are some pictures of the custom modified grill badge back plate to fit 73/74 Javelin grills.

Need one more sand down and repaint. Orange peel keeps pestering me.
Doing a refill and redrill of one badge hole. Not an issue, just a wee off.

As per request, Matte finish. OEM finish is glossy.

Alignment is perfect, just about ready to mount and show final product on a 73 grill.

Edited by 304-dude - Nov/17/2020 at 11:38am
71 Javelin SST body
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
DMack View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2020 at 11:43am
Looks fantastic...

Cant wait to see it on the car.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by DMack DMack wrote:

Looks fantastic...

Cant wait to see it on the car.

Me too... mostly because I don't want to see it any more. Ha! A simple project that did not want to end. I made both my copy and yours within a day. But once the mods began, everything wanted to fight me. There is a reason why I don't do much work near winter. Temps play havoc with outcome. I am sure things will go as planned with looks and fitment. Should look great with your customized grill.

James
71 Javelin SST body
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2020 at 5:14am
Almost completed! Have to grind the left side stand off, just a wee bit on top to mid area, to allow more clearance for installing the speedy nut. Should look similar to the side already done. As it was noticeably needed by offset pin placement. Will do another final paint on the changes done for continuity. Will delay a wee bit, though you should still get it by Thanksgiving.

71 Javelin SST body
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
DMack View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/29/2020 at 5:36pm
Hey James,
Looks great on the car... went on just right.  I clipped the studs back flush (to keep the alignment) and used VHB double sided tape to actually secure it.  I didn't want to cut into the grill for the barrel nuts.  It worked out great!  Looks fantastic!  Thanks again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic