TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I dont understand this.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I dont understand this.....
    Posted: Nov/17/2022 at 10:59am
Hi guys, does any one know if the same wheel cylinders accept the soft brake lines for my bug car, the 1958, as a later model of car? I'm having a hard time finding soft brake lines with the right end.... 

Edited by 1958 rambler super - Dec/18/2022 at 3:28pm
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2022 at 12:38pm
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2022 at 1:55pm
What....... I never came across that when I searched for the hoses..... Anyhow, I bought them, thank you trader, I'll let you know how they fit when they get here.
Thanks again trader! 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2022 at 1:09pm
NOPE!
it's a 37 degree flare seat instead of a 45.
(Dec. 18-- I was wrong, if a seat appears to be a more steep slope, that is a 37degree flare seat, this seat appears to be very flat... So it's not a 37 degree flare...)

Edited by 1958 rambler super - Dec/18/2022 at 3:30pm
nickleone View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2022 at 11:26pm
Look at  https://www.new-line.com/contact-us/locations/Victoria-BC
Take your old hose with you when you go to them.

Nick
nick
401 71 Gremlin pro rally car sold
390 V8 SX/4 pro rally car sold
1962 Classic SW T5 4 wheel disc brakes
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/09/2022 at 11:38pm
Nope! Been there, been told no that!
I been there lots for the oil network I tried to make, and when I went back for the brake system stuff they told me, twice, they don't do alot of inverted flare stuff. They would just redirect me to the internet searching scenario at other places online. But thanks though.
Anyway, I've been through the options, either buying ANOTHER flare tool, this time the 37degree one, or try and buy a section of brake line with the 37degrees already done for me, but had no luck during my search, ( with the search keywords "37 degree flare 3/16 brake line" , and got nothing but rolls of 3/16 brake line, and flaring tools, but no premade sections with the 37degree flare) or try and see what Steve at blaser auto has, he said he has some soft lines I need, so I sent him a pic of the end of my old soft line to make sure it'll be a match. So that's what I think I'll do, after all, those are only $39 each, instead of the cost of buying a new flare tool, the sleeve, the coupling, paying the shipping, buying the new brake line length. I'll keep you all posted.... I've bought lots of soft brake lines so far and still haven't got it right, three soft lines from a later model jeep that used drum brakes and wheel cylinders, those didn't seat and seal well and leaked, I Bout another one from amc lives, but it was two inches too long and didn't feel good about all that extra hose hanging around getting nicked by rocks ect, bought these three trader suggested, now I'm trying Steve's!!!, this is the second master cylinder I bot for this job too! I already made the whole brake line system, and had to reflare the whole thing, as I didnt
...... Well, you all know what happened already, I don't have to type it out again.... 
I'll keep you posted on this recent hose inquiry. 
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2022 at 3:34pm
Looking at the two flare seats in the picture I posted, the old one is a 45degree flare seat, if the new flare seat on the new shiny brake line appears to be alot flatter, and it feels flatter too, I used a exact knife blade to feel its shape, and it is very flat, what kind of flare seat is this?

The 37degree flare is supposed to be steeper then the 45, so I was wrong about the new one being a 37deg flare seat.
What kind of flare seat is this? Not sure if anyone is interested in the thread, so I changed its title to try and get folks on here interested and maybe give their point of view.... 
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2022 at 5:57pm
Okay, you have shown us the female portion of the fitting, what does the male portion look like? 
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2022 at 10:56pm
Like this... But why would the other end help you gather your opinion for an answer? 

6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/18/2022 at 11:25pm
You are correct, the other end of the hose isn't related to the question.  My bad, I should have been more specific.  I meant the male fitting that screws into the female hose fitting. 
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic