TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Install MC into booster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdarosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install MC into booster
    Posted: Oct/19/2021 at 10:20pm
Hey experts. I’m unsure how to install and adjust the booster pushrod into the MC for my power brake conversion. 

Question 1: Some say to remove the clip with the four little black “fingers” in the MC, other say to push the rod through so it locks in. Does the clip with the four fingers need to stay in place?

Question 2: What correct adjustment for the pushrod? I heard 1/32 of an inch from the inside surface of the MC...

Question 3: Do I need to remove the residual check valve? I’ve read through all the old threads and seen Farna’s extensive explanation, but my calipers are about 2.5”...

Any clarification helps.

For context: ’68 American manual drum brakes => power disc brakes with scarebird kit and power drum booster.

And yes, I have a TSM and I read it…looking for clarification. Thanks!

1968 American 440 – 232/AT 4dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic