TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

IMSA Spirit Saved

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/14/2012 at 10:42pm

Talked with friend who has a GT3 Spirit and he knows some history on your car and has some parts for it if interested. PM me if you want info to contact him.

amxess
AMC instigator View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC instigator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/15/2012 at 8:45am
Too bad to see the fellow lose his 2 cars to a storage bill. Good however they are giving folks a chance to purchase the blue one, instead of it getting the same fate yours almost had.  I thought the car you saved was for sale in Texas or Ill one place and then the other a couple years apart, a bunch of years back. I may be wrong too but it just seems to jog my memory. Anyway it is great to see you finally ended up with it. SH  
JavMD the 2nd View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JavMD the 2nd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/08/2012 at 2:18pm
I didn't get to Scotts 79 AMX Nurburgring in time, so I cloned one and race at Nelson Ledges Road COurse on FUNDAYs.   Blew the engine Oct 28, 2011.   Got a youtube of the time my son and I were on the course type in Nelson Ledges Road Course 10/28/2011  should come up.  Sorry, i was trying to hold the camera too many turns ! lol  

us 1 auto View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote us 1 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 12:31pm
hi, new to the forum, I have the blue spirit and in the process of returning it to track duty, 6cyl 5speed, I like doing something different, but there doesn't seem to be much knowledge left out there, I would welcome any help to revive this spirit of amc history
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 3:36pm
If your talking about the blue Spirit with the sheet metal interior that car was built and raced in Florida SCCA events by a guy named Jim Hildock.
us 1 auto View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote us 1 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 3:38pm
that's the one
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 3:40pm
That car was strictly built and run in SCCA GT3 events.  Jim Hildock may still be alive and I think he is in the Daytona area.
us 1 auto View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote us 1 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 3:56pm
I tried to contact him, but phone #s don't work anymore, I don't have drivetrain and trying to find specs on a motor that will rev and live
WingedSpirit View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WingedSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2014 at 10:32pm
Good save!  I enjoyed watching Irv Pierce race his Spirit too. All the best with your restoration and future racing.
Straightaways are for fast cars...turns are for fast drivers
72Javelin View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 72Javelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/08/2014 at 7:07am
Forum member Geezer has an authenticated Irv Hoerr built IMSA Spirit race car, still in functional racing condition. 
Jeff Reeves
Auburn, GA
AMO Technical Editor

Currently AMC-less after 30+ years
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic