TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Imported AMC's in Aussie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopedeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imported AMC's in Aussie
    Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 9:17pm
Just wondering,how many imported AMC's there might be in Oz? (In particular,imported Javelins.)
These might belong to members of this forum or vehicles that are known to be around.And as always,pics would be good. 
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 10:38pm
Someone, who IIRC is a member on this forum has created a register.
http://www.australianjavelins.com
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/27/2012 at 11:40pm
Ah yes, that would be me, but not a lot of action on there in recent times.

Are you looking for the number of Aussie assembled RHD cars, if so the numbers are on there, as to private imports there would be a few around but how many is anybody's guess.
gopedeler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopedeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/28/2012 at 6:23pm
Yes,I know about the Javelin Register,thanks.
Was more curious about imorted models,rather than Aust assembled (RHD) cars.
In a nutshell,I'm wondering if mine is the only LHD Javelin in Oz.
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 5:19am
Originally posted by gopedeler gopedeler wrote:

Just wondering,how many imported AMC's there might be in Oz? (In particular,imported Javelins.)
These might belong to members of this forum or vehicles that are known to be around.And as always,pics would be good. 

Here is an early import. Built factory RHD 1970 Ambassador SST Hardtop and imported to Australia by an Australian Air Force Wing Commander in 1972. Still has all the original AAA, US Base car park stickers on the car. Unrestored and drives like new.

1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
huddy1955 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huddy1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 5:27am
Geniune 1970 Javelin SST 304 Auto. Imported about five years ago by a Queenslander. Was a purple car until recently redone in white with the C Stripe. I believe a Black Vinal roof is next. Has 360 V8 in the car before it came out to Australia.

1955 Hudson Hornet Custom
1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon
1969 AMX 343 auto NO# 09 of 24
1973 Rambler Matador Wagon 360
1985 Jeep J20 pick up 360
2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic
plenty of parts cars
gopedeler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopedeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 9:18pm
I know of a '70 Ambassador 2dr H/T (RHD) inPerth.Has had WA reg.The guy has had it for many years but done nothing with it,now wants to sell it.Needs Full resto.Supposadly has the complete interior but its sitting in the boot.Comes with a 343 and auto.I did consider looking at it while I was in WA but ran out of time.Still have his ph no if anyone interested.(PM me)
gopedeler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopedeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2012 at 9:21pm
Very nice!Looks good in white.Wouldn't happen to have his contact details,would you?Like to chat to him.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 1:25am
OzJavelin on the other forum has an import 74 Javelin, Jim Richards' race car is also an import. I've also seen a private import early AMX up for sale somewhere.

So there would be a few lurking around the place if you went looking. There are a few Gremlins around even though they were never sold here, well except for one i believe.

As well as your usual private imports, it seems quite a few cars came here with US military personnel when they were stationed here.
Lucas660 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucas660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2012 at 5:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic