TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Horn testing results in red hot burning wire?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390amx1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2021 at 10:49am
Not asked by the OP, but there are places that restore horns.  one example is: https://www.carhornrestoration.com/index.html   Not cheap, but not bad either considering what new horns cost.  I had mine done (neither horn worked) and they still look great and work great 4 years later.  Cost was about $200 for both total IIRC.....
69 BBB 390 Tremec 5-speed AMX #13584 since 1978 (166,000 miles)
08 Zo6 Corvette
22 Ram 1500
24 CT5-V Blackwing #317
Yamaha Supercharged Jet Ski's
hotrod50t View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrod50t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/06/2022 at 4:31pm
This might be as good a place as any to ask this question. I have a '53 rambler country club that I would believe has the same if not similar horn button. I'm finally getting it back together and one of the things I'm having trouble with is the horn button mechanics on the steering wheel. Do you have a picture of this and where is the pathway for the wire? Any help would really be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic