TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

hood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bush-3274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hood
    Posted: Feb/04/2023 at 1:30pm
who makes the best fitting fiberglass hood for 69 amx?thank you.
Repsolroger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 2:00am
not these guys http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/amxjavelin.html ; i have probably over 120+hours trying to repair their really bad mold and them bonding the 2 pieces together....it was made about 2 inches Less wide -- so i had to add a inch+ to each side...when they bonded the frame work to the hood-- it had HOOOOOOOGGEEE gaps so had to fill those in..and some weird rump fiberglass thick tape stuff that was all wavy so had to cut that out ..and then went WTF...its like they rolled up wet fiberglass mat and stuck it between the pieces ( like a toilet paper roll)-- had to cut out the visible stuff--  plus i think they got in a spoon flicking  fight with old resin their were raisin sized blobs All over it so had to sand those off......grrrrrrr.....  and the front lip wasnt symmetrical either like austin powers teeth-- so had ALOT of filling and reshaping that----im getting anxiety thinking what i had to do 
1969 sst javelin restomod
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 4:46am
Link does not work for me.
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 5:33am
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 12:17pm
Oh and their prices are not updated.....but you get the quality of the shown prices ....I mean my hood was really really really bad...my friend made jokes saying I got a mustang hood...lol
bigbad69 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 1:00pm
A friend bought parts for his charger from them in the 80s. He published a scathing review of them in the club newsletter. I never hear anyone say good things about them.

It appears they have maintained their (poor) quality levels over several decades.
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 6:45pm
here is kinda what mind looked like but without the braces.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/125097074969?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338590836&toolid=10044&customid=f5368fd58ac41f21433eec34123e7738.see how bumpy it was and no cut outs and big gaps around the framing so had to fill in all that stuff.. plus inlay that carbon fiber.and get the tape off and still bumpy as F at least its on the underside right LOL....still not done but needed a break away from it it 

Edited by Repsolroger - Feb/06/2023 at 6:48pm
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 7:46pm
American Performance has them in pin on and bolt on.

-Steve-

XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 8:56pm
Some of the best Mopar fiberglass hoods I have dealt with are from AAR fiberglass. I plan on getting one of their bolt on hoods for my AMX in a few months.
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
AMXRWB View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AMXRWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/07/2023 at 6:43am
US auto body sold me a pair of front fenders.After i paid my money the order never was sent.I called them and they said the items are not in stock and they will need to make them.They never told me that before i paid.Sit call and wait.After about a month they grew tired of my calls and built them.They did a sloppy poor quality job just to get them sent out.The fenders had bad spots in the Gel coat where the material fell out in chunks and they filled the hole spots with bondo blobs and spray can primer and sent them to me.I would never buy a glass product unless you can see it in person before you pay.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic