TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Hood Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calcommon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hood Scoops
    Posted: Jun/16/2021 at 8:44pm
 Hope I'm in the right section. I want to install scoops on a virgin hood. I have a templet but I need guidance locating the correct position of the scoop. I believe the "flat" at the front of the scoop should be on the the flat part of the hood, i.e. forward of the stamped indentation in the hood. I couldn't find any dimensions for the placement in the manual. Any help would be appreciated.  
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2021 at 6:36am
If we knew what scoop,  on what hood,  it would help.
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
Calcommon View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calcommon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/17/2021 at 9:03am
Sorry, I'm thinking this through.
1969 Javelin SST with GO Pac. 
I believe the car originally had the twin scoops on the hood, but I don't have the original hood.
I need help locating the correct position of the scoops, I think I have the position from left to right figured out, its the front to back that's not clear. Maybe someone could take a measurement for me? 
Calcommon View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calcommon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/21/2021 at 10:31pm
I ended up with the front of the scoop just barely covering the depression, or another way to say it would be as back as possible without exposing the bend in the hood. I think it looks good, near as I can tell from photos of other cars that's about where the factory put it. One step closer to getting on the road!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic