TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gremlin X

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gremlin X
    Posted: Jan/09/2020 at 10:54pm
I was watching a car show and they were going through the Lingenfelter car collection which is extensive. Well in the middle of these exotic cars was a 401 Levi Gremlin X 4 speed. It looked like it just came out of the showroom. Pretty amazing
Jeff   
1968 AMX
1986 Buick GN
1965 Corvair Corsa
1966 V8 Corvair
1969 Scrambler Stock
1969 Scrambler Modified
Mopar_guy View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mopar_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2020 at 2:18pm
Oh, I know this car! This is the car you're talking about. Smile

We had our kickoff dinner there at the Lingenfelter collection for the Goodguys Hall of Fame tour last fall. REALLY COOL collection of cars. I have a special memory of that place though. When we were leaving there, a couple of guys that worked there were looking at my car and started asking questions when I started it up. Of course I had to open the hood and answer some questions. LOL The one guy took quite a few pictures and talked to me about my build which I didn't think much about until the next day when we got a tour of their build center in Wixom, Michigan. Turns out the guy that I was talking to is the COO of the company. I was shocked to say the least. He complimented my car again and said how cool it was to have something different. That made my day! Big smile 

"Hemilina" My 1973, 5.7 Hemi swapped Javelin
gnrand View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2020 at 3:01pm
Yes that is the car. It was on a recent episode of female caninein' Rides. They did not show the engine but that was the car.
1968 AMX
1986 Buick GN
1965 Corvair Corsa
1966 V8 Corvair
1969 Scrambler Stock
1969 Scrambler Modified
AMXFSTBK390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/15/2020 at 4:46pm
Evidently this 1968 AMX is part of Lingenfelter's collection, too. Wonder if the fender flares are made of metal? 
Questions are powerful tools...what's in your toolbox?
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2020 at 9:11am
Are there any two parts on that car that actually belong together?   A hodge podge of various pieces from many different years...I cant see where something like that is even a AMC anymore, just a bunch of stuff screwed together...Basic shape of a AMC, but thats about it...
Thankyou....Bob
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2020 at 12:41pm
Thought about posting the pictures in the Autocross Forum instead. The 1968 AMX was built for pro-touring and was invited to the Optima Invitational Autocross at SEMA 2016. Built to compete with an LS7 engine. Since it is part of the Lingenfelter collection it seemed fitting to post it here. Did not intend to get anyone's knickers in a twist.

Edited by AMXFSTBK390 - Aug/16/2020 at 2:44pm
mrblatzman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrblatzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by AMXFSTBK390 AMXFSTBK390 wrote:

Thought about posting the pictures in the Autocross Forum instead. The 1968 AMX was built for pro-touring and was invited to the Optima Invitational Autocross at SEMA 2016. Built to compete with an LS7 engine. Since it is part of the Lingenfelter collection it seemed fitting to post it here. Did not intend to get anyone's knickers in a twist.

If you meant me...nothing twisted or offense taken...I was reffering to the Gremlin and thought you may have thought I was commenting on the AMX....Bob
Thankyou....Bob
PAGAENT View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAGAENT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2020 at 6:32pm
Look back to Mopar's post and you will see on the display board it is described as a tribute to Randall. In the 70's I knew a young man that had a Randall Gremlin the same color blue and it ran in the 12's. And no, it didn't come from the factory that way but from a dealer.
Pat Gary
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2020 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by AMXFSTBK390 AMXFSTBK390 wrote:

I'm not sure any of this really belongs in the Aussie section either.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFSTBK390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/16/2020 at 11:22pm
There is no sub-forum titled "General AMC Chat American Edition" only "General AMC Chat Australian Edition". Hmmmm  Would  there be some confusion as to whether "American Edition" would apply only to Rambler's American models?   ;>)

P.S. Maybe "General AMC Chat USA Edition" ? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic