TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

TEAM AMX, info and pics?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2022 at 9:13am
Thanks for the pics Javelin_GT, especially that interior shot!
69 AMX, pro touring /track car, TEAM tribute, aka: "The Kenosha Corncob"
Slate View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2022 at 7:22pm
Cool photos.

Steve
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2022 at 5:03pm
Great stuff!!!!  That little "door ding" would probably be the reasoning behind the color scheme change.  Just a guess....

klvn8r

XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/04/2022 at 9:11pm
I found an article in Muscle Car Enthusiast magazine from Feb 2006 written by Richard Truesdell with pictures from the Randall family and Mark Fletcher. There is a curious picture of the BP AMX, taken accordingly in the "early 70's". It shows the car with the tri tone paint except that the AMX circle is not painted red white and blue. The white paint runs through the AMX circle originally, but in this version it does not. So that means there was a second RWB paint scheme like the original, before the later RWB paint scheme. I also think this 2nd version was the paint scheme on the car in the picture Javelin_GT posted as it has the "stauffer tires" over the front wheel not much else. It also has the longer rear shackles and the rear sway bar BTW, although its hard to tell if the rear wheel openings have been changed. Also, the one pictured drag racing is not the BP AMX. A

Edited by XRX744 - Aug/04/2022 at 9:21pm
AMC-Rambler_parts View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC-Rambler_parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/14/2022 at 6:28am
Originally posted by amcenthusiast amcenthusiast wrote:

And if I remember correctly, Team Highball website honored the half blue and half red AMX as a road race legend and raised it's maintenance level back up? to what should be appropriate for a true historical race car.
-hope it helps you to find more info on the car-

credit to preceding pic: https://www.facebook.com/pg/TeamHighballRacing/photos/

IMO, they never got the two seater AMX fully sorted out on the road race tracks before it was time to promote the next new styled cars at AMC...

Great info
bigd82647 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd82647 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/19/2023 at 9:59pm
I think the sticker on the hood is tech approval by SCCA for the runoffs. It was not there during the season. I was back in Missouri at college in November '69. AMC did fly me to Florida for the runoffs but TEAM and car were already through tech and had practiced once when I arrived. Changed axle ratio and then hit the beach.

I did reply to your PM.

Javelin LSX Guy View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin LSX Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2023 at 6:20pm
Very nice photos there people!
bigd82647 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigd82647 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/20/2023 at 9:08pm
The #60 AMX had the dog leg ports in the heads. Fabing the headers took alot of skill. 

The carburetor was also a special, massaged part mostly done by Cliff Roaning(sp?) and George Code. Lots of metal removed and devcon added. At one point someone decided to soak the carb in cleaner and the inside melted.
XRX744 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XRX744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2023 at 12:36pm
bigd82647  Do you know why the car is wearing magnums (15"?) in this picture? Looks like a rain tire set up maybe? The rear sway bar can also be seen in front of the rear axle.

Edited by XRX744 - Mar/24/2023 at 12:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic