TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Fuel Filller Neck Rubber Hoses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/20/2016 at 12:58am
 Spoke to Galvin's today about the '64-'65 american s/w fuel filler hose I sent them last year (Oct I think, it's been so long) . Well I was told they haven't even started on it yet. Told Ben I want them to send my old hose back to me and I'll find another option. I'm not blaming Galvin's but whoever the vendor is has brass balls not completing an order in a timely manner. If they don't have the time or resources to do a job they shouldn't take the job on. I'm really pissed about this. Could have spent the 8 months either fabbing something myself or found someone competent enough to do the job.
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
ClassicCustom400 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicCustom400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2016 at 7:54pm
Reproductions: In the small world of AMC, impossible to predict a time frame.  Get the sample, sent it in, get a quote, get a test sample, test it, aprrove it or not.  The 1960 Rambler American hose is proving to be the toughest fuel filler neck to make, samples were all missing pieces, we are now waiting on the 7th test sample to come in, as a more complete sample was sent us.

Meanwhile, we also have over 10 other items that are waiting on test samples to come in.  Finally last week we received the 1967-71 A/C Firewall grommet and the 1964-65 Rambler American (except wagons) Fuel Filler Flange (originally should of been in our hands in late 2015).  We also recently found out that this overseas company had moved to another facility, which partly why samples had not been done in a timely manner.  Reminds me of the time we sent a rocker shaft assemblies for a 327 in for rebuilding, meanwhile the company changed their name and moved, and were unreachable for over 2 weeks, the customer absolutely demanded we send their cores back, which we did not have, they were out for rebuilding.  We can not control when a company will move, or other unseen circustances.

The Marlin Hood Ornaments, for instance, we paid for the molds, and it took a few samples, and over 2 years to get that product in.

It is hard enough to get vendors that do not require 10,000 to 100,000 of any given part to be made, they are all used to Chevy, Mopar, and Ford parts orders.  It is a blessing when a company like this hose company comes along, and says yes we can do them, with a minimum of 50 pieces.  Plus, we had sent 10 other parts in just about 39 days before we had the Wagon Fuel Hose in hand.  Look at Urethane Mustang Dash pads, they come in colors, and they are produced literally every day of the year, think about the quanity, our 1970 AMX dash pads, in black only, are run once or twice a year.  We are very lucky when we get vendors to make parts for us, Gates won't touch a Fuel Hose without a million plus insurance policy.  We have tried many rubber manufacturers, and they either want a policy or 10,000+ pieces.

Edited by ClassicCustom400 - Aug/10/2016 at 7:59pm
JeepComancher
www.ClassicCustom400.com
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2016 at 8:49pm
Did they return the 1964-65 American station wagon hose I sent you? 
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
ClassicCustom400 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicCustom400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/12/2016 at 2:23pm
Should be on it's way back, I doubt they sent it express like they do our samples, it is most likely on a slow boat heading this way.
JeepComancher
www.ClassicCustom400.com
220wagon View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 220wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2020 at 12:50pm
Found this old post, is there filler necks available for 64-5 American wagons?

Thanks!
gremlin1945 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gremlin1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2020 at 4:54pm
None that I know of I had to make up a hose myself rubber hose and stainless tube if you want to see pictures of the setup I made let me know I can't post pictures on here for some reason but if you warrant I can text them to you let me know on here
former NHRA #1945

former IHRA #1945

T/SA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic