TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

OEM wheel spacers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 6:31am
 The wheel spacers measure 1/8" thick 6" OD 2-7/8" ID and were held in place with three push on retainers also on cars equipped with Machine wheels.

J

Edited by JGRANTAMX - Mar/26/2023 at 6:35am
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 8:42am
What is the hole size for the studs?  I have a crackerjack metal shop in Bismarck that could pop these out on a waterjet with no problem if they have all the dimensions.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
JGRANTAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JGRANTAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 9:09am
The stud holes are 5/8".

J
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 11:58am
Why the obsession with OEM spacers? Even for a restored car this is something completely out if sight. They wouldn't be hard to make, but there are 1/8" wheel spacers (and 1/4") commonly available from any parts store.

Frank Swygert
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

Why the obsession with OEM spacers? Even for a restored car this is something completely out if sight. They wouldn't be hard to make, but there are 1/8" wheel spacers (and 1/4") commonly available from any parts store.

Anal  /ˈeɪnl̟/ adjective
extremely or overly neat, careful, or precise

Big smile
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by troutwilly troutwilly wrote:

Originally posted by mc5fan1968 mc5fan1968 wrote:

Does anyone have the physical dimensions of the FACTORY wheel spacer Inner diameter, outer diameter and thickness?

The ones I have are 6-5/8" OD, 3-3/8" ID, 5/16" Thick, Beveled outer edge, part # 3869 stamped on them.
These were on my car back in the 70's, stock disc brakes, under Cragar SS mags so they would clear the caliper.

Those look like the spacers that Cragar sold.
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
troutwilly View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troutwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 11:11pm
Buzzman: Makes sense that they would be Cragar spacers.  The original owner put the Cragars on.
mc5fan1968: I did find one of the thinner metal spacers with these.  It's dimensions are 6" OD, 2-29/32" ID, 1/8" thick, stud holes are 5/8".
Bill O.
70 AMX
AMC4ME2 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC4ME2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2023 at 4:23pm
I just purchased some 1/8" spacers that are very close to the originals measurements as per JGRANTAMX and fit perfectly on the hub.  These are made of aerospace T6 billet aluminum. Don't know if down the road it may become an issue with the steel wheel against them and not a flat aluminum wheel? I would imagine that if the wheel was tight, side loads shouldn't cause any issues?  LNS Adaptors, Titan Wheel Accessories  3-545-705B  $23 a pair.  Can be purchased in a group of 4 as well.

Edited by AMC4ME2 - May/22/2023 at 4:26pm
70 Javelin 390 Auto
69 AMX 290 4-Speed
70 AMX 390 4spd BBB Shadow Msk
70 AMX 390 4spd Yel Shadow Msk
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2023 at 7:10pm
Correct. As long as they are flat side loads aren't an issue. All spacers I know of are aluminum -- there shouldn't be any corrosion problems.
Frank Swygert
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic