TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Removing AMC Eagle Door Panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1940_dodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing AMC Eagle Door Panel
    Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 10:06am
Hey all, I have an 82 Eagle Wagon that I need to replace the door handles on.  My question is, are there any specific tabs I need to be careful with or any other trouble spots in removing said interior door panels?  If there are none, I'll be taking some pictures of the process and posting them here as a how to guide if anyones interested.
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/16/2014 at 7:30pm
Screws along the bottom and clips on the widow handle with 2 big screws in the arm rest.
uncljohn View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncljohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/17/2014 at 12:47am
Removing the inner or interior door panel on your eagle is not any harder than anything else but if you have never done it before, you will have to use an allan wrench to take the window crank off with.  2 phillip head screws to remove the plastic piece that is part of the door handle and be careful unsnapping it from the door panel so you do not damage it. It is not difficult but needs to be done carefully. There are 3 or 4 screws along the bottom that hold the bottom of the panel on the door and then a series of spring clips or what ever the are called that fit into the material of the door panel and then snap into the metal of the door threw a hole.  I use a fairly wide putty knife which slides easily between the door panel and the door itself and I can slide it easily along the interface to the spring and it is wide enough to pull the spring clip out of the door when applying pressure to lift the door panel and the width protects the door panel form damage.  The panel itself is based on some form of compressed paper and is damagable, so take care. It can be removed with no damage with a little care.
70 390 5spd Donohue
74 Hornet In restoration
76 Hornet, 5.7L Mercury Marine Power
80 Fuel Injected I6 Spirit
74 232 I-6, 4bbl, 270HL Isky Cam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic