TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Dealership in Norfolk, Virginia in 1970

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davec1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC Dealership in Norfolk, Virginia in 1970
    Posted: Sep/30/2014 at 7:55pm
I was able to locate the original owner of my 1970 AMX and he told me he bought the car new in Norfolk, Virginia, but he couldn't remember the name of the dealership. Anyone know of a dealership in Norfolk, Virginia circa 1970? 
bbgjc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbgjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/01/2014 at 7:06am
I can probably find out for you by this afternoon.
davec1957 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davec1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2014 at 9:47pm
Thanks in advance, If I can find out where the car was originally purchased, I'll include it on a reproduction blank 1970 window sticker...
Eddie View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2023 at 10:16am
I know this is an old post, but I have an old brochure of "The AMX Story" from when I was in the Navy. I was stationed at Norfolk Va. from 1965 t0 1968. We had just returned from a 6 mo. deployment, and I had been reading about the American Motors AMX, of which I did buy one new in 1968. Anyway, I had gone to the AMC dealership in Norfolk to look at the AMX. Actually they didn't have one on hand to show. I was given the AMX Story brochure, which I have kept to this day. The person that was asking about the AMC dealership location in Norfolk, it is stamped on the front cover of this brochure and that address was:
                Malbon Motor Company
                         Jeep - Rambler
                   413 Virginia Beach Blvd.
                       Virginia Beach, Va.
                                428-4961
        Eddie

1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2023 at 4:59pm
Most of 1970 was before my time.

There was Atlantic Rambler in Norfolk, VA around that time. 

Dave
davec1957 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davec1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/04/2023 at 10:19am
Thanks for the info, 1ManGang. I found this advertisement for Atlantic Rambler.

1970 AMX Bayshore Blue 390 4-spd GoPac
1970 AMX Commodore Blue 390 4-spd GoPac
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/06/2023 at 10:51pm
Davec1957,
The ad is a good find. I always thought that ad was a little progressive for 1968 with the skin and ink placement.  

If you look on EBAY, occasionally, an Atlantic Rambler Dealer Script will come up.  They are pretty neat but usually don't last this long without some intervention.

VR,
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic