TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior > HVAC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Heater Box Cable ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddieamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater Box Cable ???
    Posted: Nov/24/2011 at 10:47pm
I took out the heater box out of my 74 Gremlin to clean and put in a new heater core, however i did not think about where each cable goes for the control of heat, defrost, hot cold etc. this is a non A/C car and any help would be great. any pictures would be even better.  thanks to everyone.        
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2011 at 4:53pm
IIRC you have 2 cables? 1 for the temp and the other for floor/defrost. Should be able to move each lever to see what happens and hook the cable that does the same.
Cant be too hard to figure out where they go. Even if you have 3, each is marked what they do on the dash and then see what the levers do on the box.
Sorry I dont have a TSM for any Gremlins and the 70 Javelin one I dont think will work.
Dave ----
Dave ----
TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
eddieamc View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddieamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2011 at 6:29pm
thats what i thought, i'll get it figured out before i put it back in the car. thanks for yoour help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic