TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

IMSA Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2013 at 6:12pm
Find out what the tubing for the cage will weigh.
There are charts available. Then measure what you tink the cage will look like and add 10 feet.
That will give you some idea of the finished weight.  Weight with or without liquids and driver?
It has been a long time 26 years since I built a Gremlin cage.  1.75 x.125 tube back then.

Nick
nick
401 71 Gremlin pro rally car sold
390 V8 SX/4 pro rally car sold
1962 Classic SW T5 4 wheel disc brakes
343sharpstick View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 12:09am

John,

That information is spectacular! Thank you very much.

The car car is currently on the back-burner while I finish the new motor for my Javelin. But this information is awesome!

The detail you have listed will be amazingly helpfull.

I'm a member of the IMSA RS facebook group, and each time someone posts a new picture I am hoping for a glimpse of what the car looked like as it's in primer now. When I start striping the car I’ll be doing it in such a way to capture some information on its past color(s). Mechanically it appears complete which is nice. I find it odd that it currently has an old V-gate shifter.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by 343sharpstick - May/08/2013 at 8:36am
Javelin_GT View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javelin_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 3:24pm
Mike....you should post up some pics on the Facebook page.

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2013 at 4:00pm
I did that a while ago, It produced some interest and some there remembered the car, which was great. It hasn't yet produced any old photographs yet, I may try again when I start to tear into the car.

One thing posted on the Facebook site was this grid sheet from 1974, which is the same year as my car. I know that my car was owned by "The Dons'" at one time, and here we can see "Jones-Knowles" #6 on the grid sheet. I believe this could possibly be my car and I would sure like to proove it, That's an impressive qualifying run and at Daytona no less.

Edited by 343sharpstick - May/08/2013 at 8:05pm
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2022 at 9:19am
This Car is for sale, I'm just not finding the time to work on this. I need the room in my shop!
It's pretty much the same as the pictures on this site, just more dusty. It's been stored inside since I've had it.
If interested PM me.
bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/11/2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by 343sharpstick 343sharpstick wrote:

This Car is for sale, I'm just not finding the time to work on this. I need the room in my shop!
It's pretty much the same as the pictures on this site, just more dusty. It's been stored inside since I've had it.
If interested PM me.

Price and location, please. 

Thanks
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/13/2022 at 3:59pm
It’s in Wisconsin, about an hour north of Milwaukee. I think $1000 is a fair price.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343sharpstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 10:18am
The Gremlin has gone to a new home. Sad to see it go, happy to have the floor space!
bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2022 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by 343sharpstick 343sharpstick wrote:

It’s in Wisconsin, about an hour north of Milwaukee. I think $1000 is a fair price.

I think that was more than fair. Not surprised to see that it has been sold.
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic