TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Build Thread - 71 Javelin Road Racer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2022 at 6:09pm
Contact me when you're back in Texas.....I have a Hornet Hatchback that is probably a better candidate for Chumpcar.....larger fuel tank!  Currently working on my dry-sumped 343 68 AMX for vintage road racing.  I'm south of DFW.

klvn8r
bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/22/2022 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by klvn8r klvn8r wrote:

Contact me when you're back in Texas.....I have a Hornet Hatchback that is probably a better candidate for Chumpcar.....larger fuel tank!  Currently working on my dry-sumped 343 68 AMX for vintage road racing.  I'm south of DFW.

klvn8r

Hornet hatch sounds interesting!

Got any pics of the '68 AMX???
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2022 at 6:39pm
Can you provide parts which are being utilized for the dry-sump system?
I'm looking for manufacturers and part numbers in your build.

johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2022 at 6:40pm
are you planing on utilizing external oil coolers and remote oil filters?
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2022 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by johnv johnv wrote:

Can you provide parts which are being utilized for the dry-sump system?
I'm looking for manufacturers and part numbers in your build.

I'm using a wet sump system; oil pan has been modified to keep oil near the pickup when cornering.
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2022 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by johnv johnv wrote:

are you planing on utilizing external oil coolers and remote oil filters?

It's set up for a remote filter now.  I'll likely end up using an oil cooler but it's not done yet.

I see you're in BR.  I graduated from LSU in 1993; best 7 years of my life!
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2022 at 12:34pm
Posted a video of my project cars, including the Javelin.  I will eventually get back to working on it!

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2023 at 11:47am
Still haven't done anything on the car and thinking about selling it.  If I decide to list it, I'll let y'all know.
amxautox View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxautox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2023 at 12:27pm
I have my '69 AMX for sale, but can't on this forum because I don't have enough posts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic