TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Classics Drive-In Night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2010 at 11:50pm
It was a pretty good night, even the movie wasn't that bad Confused. Sorry I missed you mate I decided to leave because I would have been home at 2am if I had waited for the other movie to play.

I've posted some of my pictures in the Pictures section. You should upload yours there too.
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
6705-5R AUS View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6705-5R AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2010 at 7:06pm
Ok wilco
67 American 440 Sedan (RHD)
AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2010 at 9:42pm
Hey Guys, the pics you guys took are great. We left at the start of the first movie, the mrs wasn't feeling the best, and my youngest daughter wasn't feeling too great either. As it started to rain at the start of the movie, we couldn't see ourselves watching it through the windscreen wipers, so went home. My apologies for not saying goodbye. Both girls felt better after a good nights sleep.
Did you guys get a look at the stock looking dirty red UC Torana with the hubcaps on it? It had an injected RB30 VL motor with an intercooled turbo as big as a dinner plate. Talk about a sleeper. Aside from that some nice cars turned up despite the rain, which was good to see.
Saw a nice 65-66 Classic, purple in colour heading up the coast on a tilt tray on the way down to the drive-in. Anybody know the car, and where it was going? Heard a rumour that the guy and girl that won 'My Kitchen Rules' has bought a Rambler of some kind with some of the $100,000 they won. They are from Queensland. Good to hear!!!

Edited by AMConverted - Mar/27/2010 at 9:46pm
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

AMConverted View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMConverted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 2:39am
Well this was bizarre, the guy with the purple Classic calls me this afternoon, He lives a stone throw away from me, just up the road. I've suggested he join the forum, as he needs advice etc, being new to the AMC world. Hopefully another Rambler on the road to recovery.
1967 Rambler American

I'm not old, I'm just old school.

Pokerchip View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerchip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 8:14am
Originally posted by AMConverted AMConverted wrote:

Did you guys get a look at the stock looking dirty red UC Torana with the hubcaps on it? It had an injected RB30 VL motor with an intercooled turbo as big as a dinner plate. Talk about a sleeper.

Yeah I saw that. It would be a good sleeper if you could get traction LOL
1962 Rambler American 400 Convertible

1967 Rambler American 440 Sedan
6705-5R AUS View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6705-5R AUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2010 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by AMConverted AMConverted wrote:

Well this was bizarre, the guy with the purple Classic calls me this afternoon, He lives a stone throw away from me, just up the road. I've suggested he join the forum, as he needs advice etc, being new to the AMC world. Hopefully another Rambler on the road to recovery.

Always good to see another Rambler on the road. Hopefully get together on another drive-in night if not before. Cheers
67 American 440 Sedan (RHD)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic