TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

7/8" Heater Hose Nipple on Water Pump?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 6:19am
Originally posted by JohnRyd JohnRyd wrote:

If you have no luck getting the Jeep hose you may want to consider a short 7/8 x 3/4 reducer hose, then a 3/4 hose splicing nipple connecting the 3/4 end of the reducer to a length of 3/4 heater hose going to the heater core. Or you could put the smaller end on the heater core, use a 7/8 splicing nipple and run 7/8 hose to the pump.

If you search for 7/8 x 3/4 hose a few reducers come up. They are typically about 6 inches long. If you search 7/8 x 3/4 heater hose, several molded heater hoses for other applications come up. Most are short and have several bends. You would probably need to cut it to get the section that works.

If you search 3/4 splicing nipple several of those come up.

Thanks for the suggestion, that's one of the methods I'd been considering and I'd already found this at Pegasus.

However, I just had a thought and ran out to the garage and confirmed that the bypass hose from the thermostat housing to the water pump is 3/4" to 7/8"!  All I have to do is source another one locally and cut one leg off and I'll have the reducer! :D

Edited by Scrappy - Jun/03/2023 at 7:17am
1948kaiser View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1948kaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 6:52am
i ground the heater hose connection on the water pump to get the 3/4 to fit
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 7:13am
Just give it the ol Randy McCorkle and make it stretch.
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
Scrappy View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/03/2023 at 7:16am
Originally posted by 1948kaiser 1948kaiser wrote:

i ground the heater hose connection on the water pump to get the 3/4 to fit

I might consider that for a future water pump, but I'm not going to go further into disassembly at the moment!

Originally posted by Hurst390 Hurst390 wrote:

Just give it the ol Randy McCorkle and make it stretch.

I'm gonna forego that, given that I found a solution (look a couple of comments ago).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic