TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1974 Hornet Seat Swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pensky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1974 Hornet Seat Swap
    Posted: May/20/2023 at 11:27am
My 74 Hornet Sportabout has the 60/40 reclining front seats.  I'm interested in swapping these seats out.  They're in great shape and look great but they suck!  (an hour is about all the butt can handle) Sleepy
Has anyone swapped out seats in one of these and what seats would make a great donor?

Also, has anyone swapped out the front 3-point seat belts?  Mine work, but they take several tries to extend Angry

Thx.
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2023 at 12:13pm
There were no 60/40 seats on a Hornet. Do you mean 50/50 individual reclining seats?

There isn't any real good swap for the seat belts. (Since they mount with an inertial real in the center post.) I'm sure you could make something else work, but if they are in good shape, I'd say stick with them.
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
pensky View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pensky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2023 at 7:46am
oops.
50/50 seats is correct

SensibleSpectaculars View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SensibleSpectaculars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2023 at 7:48am
Standard Hornet seats are back-breakers, that's for sure.

The much better seats from a Concord will bolt right in if you can find a set. I did this on the '75 Hornet I used to have and it made a huge difference. (The brackets on Eagle seats are different due to the floor bulge for the transfer case.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic