TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2024 AMO National Meet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2024 at 8:48am
HRPT is June 10 -14.
Fritz
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2024 at 5:48pm
Host hotel reservation - check
Show registration - check
Saving for diesel - ongoing

I can't believe it's only 3000 miles to get there! lol
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
Ollie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2024 at 10:35am
Got my reservations at Comfort Inn
See ya'll there. Venue sounds awesome

Having AMC Fun,
Ollie
1966 American Convertible -- "The Rambler"..SOLD
1974 Postal Jeep -- "Rapid Delivery"...SOLD
1969 Rambler 220 post car--"Road Warrior"
1989 Jeep Comanche Pioneer, 4.0L, auto, 2wd
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/11/2024 at 11:47am
AMO is coming!  AMO is coming and soon will be here!Wink

The activity is picking up on registration, hotels and plans.  If you want to volunteer some time while in Petersburg, the Potomac Ramblers are ready to hear from you.

If you have questions, we are ready for that as well.  We have people in AMO and on every platform.  I am lurking here on The AMCForum.  If I don't know the answer, I will get it for you.

AMO has a ton of details at their site on AMO 2024.  The Potomac Ramblers website has info as well and we do work to have both sites synced. 

We have some more content brewing but it isn't quite ready for release yet.  Stay tuned for an update and be ready for a memorable time in Virginia.  Take a look at our agenda and make some plans to come early and participate in more than just the Saturday Show!

Tick, Tock!  it will be here very soon!

Dave Moeller
Former President Potomac Ramblers
Norfolk, VA

Edited by 1ManGang - Feb/14/2024 at 8:15pm
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/01/2024 at 4:30pm
Dyno Time at AMO.

One of our sponsors, (we could always use more), Bad Company in Toano, VA has 15 slots open for their Chassis Dyno on Friday, 14 June 2024.  They are about an hour from the Show Field and Hotel.  

There is a non-refundable fee of $120 and some rules to get on the Dyno.  It isn't drag racing but it is a performance test.  Check out the below link for the whole story:

I would love to see some action over at Bad Company.  Maybe you could be the AMO 2024 Dyno King!

Dave Moeller
AMO 2024 Trailer King 
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/14/2024 at 2:31pm
Count Down to AMO 2024:

May 1 the cost is $10.00 more.  Register soon! 

The show is south of Richmond VA with easy access to I-95, I-85 and I-64.  Wherever you are coming from it will be mostly Highway. 

VR,
Dave
1ManGang View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1ManGang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/09/2024 at 1:54am
If you haven't been to an AMO National Meet, then you might be a little surprised by what you find:

1.  Lots of AMC and Rambler Cars.  Usually most make it to the show field but some are found in the spectator parking.  The show size varies but 150 to 200 cars is a good expectation on what to see.

2.  There is a published agenda of things to do before the show and banquet on Saturday.  Many of those things are exclusive to AMO, interesting, informative and unique.  There is good reason to come early and participate in the "Convention" part of the National Show.

3.  Parts, Parts, Parts!  Some people consider this the number one reason to go to the big show!  The parts and vending areas are large.  I usually run a want ad on the internet and in the club classifides.  I have had very good luck meeting people and finding parts that I didn't expect to see.  It is also a good time to interact with the vendors who are making new parts, repairing old parts or selling used parts.  Reproduction parts are beginning to be the best option for some builds.

4.  The national convention moves around.  If you want to do something else while you are in the state, that is all up to you and your family.  We have 2 major amusement parks, many museums, historic places and unique places in Virginia.  If 4 or 5 days of car stuff is too much for some of the family, there are other things to do as well.

5.  The people are interesting.  People in groups are usually interesting, in my opinion, but a bunch of AMC people can really offer perspective on the hobby, experience working on the cars and history of all kinds of stuff.  Some people are regulars at the conventions but others come out when it is close to them.  

6.  The Marlins will be out.  The Marlin Club holds its show on the Friday before the AMO show.  There are few cars that have had the notoriety of the Marlin over the decades.  I enjoy seeing them and recognize their contributions to the evolution of AMC in the 60's.

7.  The AMO experience can continue all year long with newsletters and the club website.  Finding people who know AMC is getting a little harder but AMO people know AMC and they show it every issue, on the web and in person.  

We are looking forward to seeing you in Petersburg, VA.

Dave Moeller
AMO 2024 Trailer King

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic