TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

'71 Ambassador Wagon Refresh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/22/2023 at 8:23pm
Did the U joints today, solved my 75-85 MPH vibration issue. Wasn't much of one but just a touch. Joints were fairly cooked, they were Spicers, replaced with the same, but greaseable. 

Also did some wagon stuff, and picked up a new set of BBS wheels for my everyday car, a '15 Golf Diesel. 

Georges71 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2023 at 2:17am
Sometimes it's the little things.

Ordered some repro 360 badges a bit back, and installed them today. Makes a nice difference! Polished up behind where the emblem sits.

blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/21/2023 at 9:46am
Very nice!
72 Gremlin X
Georges71 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/24/2023 at 7:17pm
Thanks!

Replaced the inner and outer tie rods today, the old ones were cooked. New ones are greasable, and seem quite a bit more beefy than stock. Did an okay alignment with string and tape, but I'm taking it for a real one tomorrow.

Georges71 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Georges71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/26/2023 at 3:59pm
We have AC!

Somehow by the grace of the AMC overlords the system held a vacuum for about 5 or so hours, and I decided, what the heck, let's see what happens. I had flushed the condenser and then used my pump to boil out any moisture. Filled it with 134a and went by pressures. Blows cold! Now of course the blower motor has eaten itself but I do have a replacement on hand. Success, mostly.

Georges71 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/29/2023 at 10:38pm
Did a little more detailing today.

Thought I might be able to get just a little bit more pop out of the paint, so I got the sandpaper out and did some minor wetsanding in a few spots, and clayed the car after washing it down. Used Groits all in one compound on a Lake Country pad with my DA after, also clayed and polished the glass all around. Used Meguiars Gold Class paste wax as a topper. Came out good, and I think this is about as good as the factory paint is going to get.

huntsfamily View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huntsfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2023 at 8:06pm
Most impressive tune up an that wagon!
Georges71 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georges71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2023 at 12:33pm
Thanks!

Here's March of this year to now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic