TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

78 Concord - front sits high?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1982AMCConcord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2023 at 8:57pm
If you look really closely at the Concord's front wheel well... You'll notice that the arch of the front wheel well is actually higher in the body line than the rear wheel well arch. It's also flatter at the top of the arch. So these two things also helps make it seem that the front end is visually higher than the rear as well. 

Also... I have brand new front and rear springs on my Concord. I even made sure to use shorter v8 coil springs in front and my front end is still too high for my liking. If your rear springs are ok... I'd recommend some drop plates from AJ Zellner. I have a short set of his plates and I think they'll at least flatten the stance once I get them installed. If I end up with a little rake... That would be even better.

Edited by 1982AMCConcord - Apr/03/2023 at 9:05pm
FSJunkie View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/04/2023 at 4:09am
My 1982 Concord 4-door sedan is the same colors as yours, only mine has a tan interior. 
1955 Packard
1966 Marlin
1972 Wagoneer
1973 Ambassador
1977 Hornet
1982 Concord D/L
1984 Eagle Limited
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic