TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Gremlin Weight Loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 6:21am
Acid dipping is probably a bit extreme, definitely want to get underneath and scrape as much body deadener off as you can.

Rip all of the interior out, aluminium door cards, gut the doors.

Look at your mechanical stuff, alloy heads and intake if rules allow, mini starter, mini alternator, lithium battery. 

Suspension, maybe Wilwood brakes up front, anything alloy is lighter than steel, smallest rotors they offer. Mono-leaf rear springs are lighter than multi-leaf.

Auto, 904 will be lighter than 727.

Wheel and tire package, weight savings available there.

Want to go crazy, start drilling out bolt heads.

I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2023 at 6:26am
PS: next thing is to start taking about moving weight around. I moved the battery to the rear to help with weight distribution, but could have just stuck a lithium battery in the engine bay and then there is bugger all weight to move around and I wouldn’t have to add the weight of the cable to the back of the car.
I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Macsziptiegarage View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macsziptiegarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/09/2024 at 7:58pm
I have trimmed nearly 100 pounds off my spirit amx. I'm doing the same, but with no hood at all. It was 41 pounds alone!! The w8ndshield wiper motor, heater and blower weighed a good amount as well!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic