TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Ram Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

Excellent, thank you 
I can't remember the thickness of the 4-hole spacer, but you would need to add that to a stock intake to get the overall height where the carb sits. It seems to me that it is about 3/8 inch thick or a little more. 
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 2:55pm
Yeah, the 4-hole spacer is throwing me a little. I have a stock cast iron intake on my 343, casting # 3191736 F (‘68-‘69 390). As far as I know(?), the spacer was used with the Motorcraft carburetors beginning in ‘70, and that a ‘69 would not use a spacer. 
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 2:56pm
Thanks for the information. 

The performer intakes are about 1" taller than factory?
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by jcisworthy jcisworthy wrote:

Thanks for the information. 

The performer intakes are about 1" taller than factory?
1.03 to be exact, but the factory came with a spacer that is about 3/8 inch thick from memory. Somebody can measure one of those. So, with the spacer on the factory intake, it is more like 2/3 inch shorter than Performer.

Edited by Sonic Silver - Jan/20/2023 at 3:18pm
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2023 at 3:21pm
Thumbs Up
Specializing in dyno services, engine building, and cylinder head porting

rbjracing.com
Phone Number 518-915-3203
Ogamer777 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ogamer777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2023 at 3:46pm
Did you ever end up getting an intake to fit? If so, which one? And which carb? I am in the same dilemma trying to find an intake that clears the factory cowl hood/air cleaner
WhatISit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhatISit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2023 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Ogamer777 Ogamer777 wrote:

Did you ever end up getting an intake to fit? If so, which one? And which carb? I am in the same dilemma trying to find an intake that clears the factory cowl hood/air cleaner

If I had a Torker or something ready to go, I’d sell you my Offenhauser Equaflow. I specifically bought it because I was intending to use it with the cowl air cleaner I sold you. They are pretty tough to find. Took me a good month of near constant searching to find one. 
Ogamer777 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ogamer777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2023 at 1:31pm
Is that the only aftermarket intake that will allow the cowl induction setup to clear?

Do you have a p/n for the offenhauser intake I could search around for?
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2023 at 4:27pm
#5771 = AMC 1967-69 Offenhauser 360 Equa-Flow High Rise Single Quad manifold
#5917 = AMC 1970-Up Offenhauser 360 Equa-Flow High Rise Single Quad manifold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic