TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

82 Eagle liftback fuel cell in stock location?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79 SPirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2022 at 1:16am
Maybe this car has a good tank?

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/d/milwaukee-1981-amc-spirit-parts/7516915820.html

Babycakes View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babycakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2022 at 1:39am
Car-Part.com looks like it has a few.
Mr_Roboto View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Roboto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2022 at 7:02pm
Emailed the guy, we'll see what he says on the tank.

The ones on car-part are in the boonies. Not sure if they'll ship.

I have one more hail mary I may try with this tank, I may grab a chunk of sheet lead and attempt electrolysis on it. Using the tank as a - will cause the oxidation to de-oxygenate. Not sure if that'll do any good but not much to lose really. After that I could theoretically coat it. 
Mr_Roboto View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Roboto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2022 at 8:12pm

I have little doubt it was a fool thing. I'll take pics of the fool thing as I do it for your entertainment when it shows up. Maybe I'll be pleasently surprised and it won't be as much of a fool thing as I think it was. Then again, who am I kidding. :rofl:

Minimally I want a roll over vent, 2 8AN caps and an adapter from 8AN to 5/16 fuel line (which exists btw.)

Besides that to mount it I'm probably looking at some 2" square tubing, some shorter strap bolts (already ebayed) and some rubber to go against the cell and keep things from rubbing.

This would be enough for phase 1 which is getting it in, getting it plumbed and getting the car running and driving.

Edited by Mr_Roboto - Aug/23/2022 at 8:14pm
Teamamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teamamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2022 at 9:11am
I have a very clean and straight gas tank from a 1979 amx.  looks pristine inside and no dents out side.    has sending unit with it.  i think it can be shipped after being washed out.  located in saskatoon sk canada. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic