TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1970 AMX Resto Mod Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2024 at 9:42am
The work is being performed in the custom shop with individuals quite knowledgable and experienced.  When I visited the shop, prior to my project, they were completing replacement of the 69AMX front suspension.  ALL Control Freak components were used in that project, as were in mine.
My metal working skills leave a lot to be desired and that was left to the others.  Following completion of the plumbing related systems, pressurization and leak testing, along with the x-pipe installation vehicle will be moved back to the house for the wiring and final body work.
Redhorse Performance was the supplier of the AN and hose connectors for this build.

rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2024 at 5:33pm
Thank you for taking the time to answer 

I recently had to build new an hoses for an aircraft project(pia)... I seem to remember seeing a system for custom braided an - ac lines now I can't find it... is this ringing a bell for any of you..
javguy
johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2024 at 8:29pm
Due to a need for correct torque converter and flex plate alignment we had to fabricate spacers, which were cut on the CNC machine.

Torque converter and flex plate are fully secured, and couple of items have been marked off the list...

johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2024 at 8:51pm
Hurst Shifter adapter plate is installed along with Dakota Digital universal gear shift sending unit, GSS-3000.

However, some adjustments had to be made for a correct attachment bracket fit

Hurst shift cable and GSS-3000 units are installed and synchronized 

GSS-3000 will be providing gear position information to the Dakota Digital HDX instrument cluster

johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2024 at 9:06pm
With tomorrow being a Good Friday there will be no work on this project until next week!

"I hope that you all have a happy Easter"
johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 41 minutes ago at 7:10pm
Hurst shifter is installed with final placement installation to be determined  following fitting of the seats and console layout.

New piece of the A/C line will be replaced tomorrow, must have been close to lunch time!

Water line was covered with Magnawrap and routed through fender bulkhead to the cab and into the Vintage Air unit.  This completes coolant flow routing. 

American Racing Headers are installed, hopefully for the last time, and tightened down with Stage 8 Locking Fasteners.

Plumbing is completed for the Vintage Air A/C system.  

Following replacement of the kinked A/C line tomorrow we will be starting leak testing of the heating and cooling system along with the radiator and engine block with numerous couplings and fittings.
Hydro boost brake system will be checked out next to be followed by the oil and transmission cooling systems.  Engine will be oil primed and next on the list.
This will be an interesting week and hopefully we'll even get to the brakes and fuel system.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic