TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

An unfortunate amc design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/23/2022 at 1:51pm
Yes, I just haven't done it yet, I have a new wheel cylinder coming in the mail for that side of the car, I ordered it from blaser auto, nice guy, his names Steve, we talked on the phone for a bit on my lunch break and I ordered it from him and it's in the mail along with two to tiny metal clips that help release the ebrake inside the drum, so I haven't gotten to that job again to save the trouble of taking the wheel off so many times. But yes, after helpful responses from you all I remember the difference between the from tand read wheel cylinders, and that whole business with taking off the castellated nut, I replaced the pass side bearing and races and seals last Feb, the driv side was still good so I just repacked it and put new seals on. I'll update the post when I get the cyl in the mail. But thanks for asking! 
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/04/2022 at 10:06pm
Here we go, that sides all done! All the brake parts cleaned on the wire wheel, new drum, new soft line... Looks good! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic