TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4 piston calipers back in stock-reasonable!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 piston calipers back in stock-reasonable!
    Posted: Jul/06/2022 at 9:28pm

$86 shipped for the 65-70 new casting Bendix calipers, again! These are ALL the same, no matter who is offering them: Cardone, Oreilly, etc.

74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2022 at 11:33pm
LOL, hope they are better quality than the last picture indicates! The pistons all look at different angle's. Like they are loose in bore or falling out. Have these been used successfully?
Glad to see products being made but hope better than look in pic's.

6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/06/2022 at 11:36pm
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2022 at 4:54am
Unless you get stainless steel sleeves for the piston bores they will fail again for the same reason the originals fail. And probably in a shorter amount of time, judging by the quality.  
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2022 at 6:36am
I believe the seal design has been updated on these. I should take one apart and see! These have been around now for 4-5 years. I've heard only 1-2 complaints about leaks.
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
sweatlock View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2022 at 11:42am
Okay, you can add mine to the list, then. I had a pair of these reproduction/replacement/aftermarket calipers and they began leaking within a few months. Ruined yet another set of pads. I sent my original cores off to be sleeved and have been happy ever since. 

Edited by sweatlock - Jul/07/2022 at 1:30pm
rockAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2022 at 3:58pm
Bought these off Rockauto a few years ago. No complaints.
DWR
1968 AMX

ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/07/2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

Okay, you can add mine to the list, then. I had a pair of these reproduction/replacement/aftermarket calipers and they began leaking within a few months. Ruined yet another set of pads. I sent my original cores off to be sleeved and have been happy ever since. 

Yours was on my list! I'm just trying to make people aware that a previously unobtainable item-that some people need and want-is back in stock.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic