TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

gaskets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeatherEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gaskets
    Posted: May/22/2022 at 11:34am
I need the gasket for where the speedo cable end fits into the transmission. Looked at all the vendors and don't see them but see whole trans gasket sets and wondering if they would be included in them. Looks like the original was cork. Would an O ring the right size work?
The car is a 62 Ambo auto.
Thanks
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2022 at 12:39pm
Someone at ramblerparts.com might be able to answer your question and they might even have the gasket,   It has been too long since I had my 62 Classic apart, so I don't remember the details and can't offer any other help.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Ozzie View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2022 at 4:41pm
You could check with a shop that works with hydraulics. O rings can be made to almost any size & section (round or square). If you got a properly sized O ring it would probably be more durable than the cork.
WeatherEye View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeatherEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2022 at 10:25pm
I did find the correct size O ring a while back and it works fine.
Thanks for chiming in anyways!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic