TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Body Harness Connector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body Harness Connector
    Posted: Apr/09/2022 at 3:03pm
Am trying to track down a fuel gauge issue on my '72 Javelin-AMX. It just reads empty. I replaced the sending unit and filled the 16 gallon tank with 10 gallons gas. Good ground on sender and I tested it and I get 33 ohms, rich is about right for that level. If I short the sender wire coming from the gauge to ground I get nothing so it's not the sender. All the other gauges work so it's not the CVR or lack of power to the cluster. But it could be a bad connection at the cluster or even a bad gauge.

I'm trying to skip pulling the dash apart if possible. The wiring diagram in the TSM shows a body harness connector. I'd like to test that by grounding out the green wire to the sender at that location to see if it's in the wiring after that connector or up in the dash itself. But I can't find the body connector. Does anyone know where that is?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic