TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2022 Cactus Classic Phoenix, April - 9th -

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2022 Cactus Classic Phoenix, April - 9th -
    Posted: Feb/21/2022 at 11:49am

The Cactus Classic is quickly approaching. It's been two long years since we've had one, Let's make this one the best ever!  

Edited by SEdmonds - Mar/05/2022 at 1:10pm
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2022 at 6:52am
Thanks for posting this, Suzanne.  We'll be there, but heading out on a two-month RV trip the following Monday so it will be a bit of a squeeze. 
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/22/2022 at 2:20pm
Cam - we'll be driving down that morning in the Oh dark thirty - at least one car, maybe two. I know Matt wants to take the '73 Ambo on a break-in drive to see how it handles lower altitude. I may take my '65 wagon - or one of his other ones - maybe that pretty red Concord he had in Las Vegas. That's his call. I do think it's good to have another car along for a trip over 100 miles. 

I like driving that pretty Concord. I like driving my car, too. I am pretty happy just driving an old car. 

Anyway, is the Cottonwood squad heading down that morning? Do you want to try to meet up someplace...like Arcosanti Road on the way down? Let me know.   We leave around 5:30 am.  I know. We're weird that way.

Hope the weather's better than today - blowing white out in Flag today. 

Edited by SEdmonds - Feb/22/2022 at 2:41pm
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2022 at 12:26pm
Sorry, Suzanne... just saw your post.  I'm hoping to drive my '72 Javelin down, also supposed to pick up the '73 project car below this week and would like to show it in all its unrestored glory too.  Not sure if I have enough drivers to pull that off though.

My neighbors Steve and Chris are driving down too.  They have a '68 Javelin and a '65 American Wagon... not sure which one they'll bring but we talked about maybe driving down together.  Let me talk to them again and maybe we can schedule to meet up with you and Matt at Camp Verde.

p.s. I LOVE the Ambassador!

Edited by CamJam - Mar/21/2022 at 12:45pm
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/22/2022 at 2:45pm
Sounds like a plan, Cam. That big Ambo will haul the mail.... It's a strong runner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic