TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

HEI conversion for 195.6 distributor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2022 at 3:12pm
I revived this thread (nt that old) googling the distributor to see what it's pulled from:

DELCO REMY 1110289 2J25

The last 4-character thing isn't the part number. 1110289 is 1963 to 1965 Rambler Classic, according to RockAuto.

I've got a Pertronix Ignitor II installed, I've always liked them, though others don't... well now that I have a Holley Sniper Autolite 1100 on the 195.6 OHV, the datalogger is showing sporadic misfires, they show up as lean (unburned fuel so oxygen present) in the log. My electrical is pretty clean to begin with, but I bought a Pertronix 1.5 ohm coil, added an explicit ground to the oddball distributor I have (the old style, that rotates the cap and wires with vacc advance), bought 7mm silicone wires, checked every connection, fed coil + from battery via relay, still misfires. The distributor bushings are tight. 

All that's left is the Pertronix module. Abou once a week I get a misfire I can feel. So this HEI converted distributor is going in. Disassembled it to clean and lube (50, 60 years, you can't leave to chance) and someone had done a good job, it's spotless and well lubed.

I'll install probably tomorrow or Sunday and see if it works.

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

tomj View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/08/2022 at 3:20pm
Also this guy does conversions, find the "gallery" and see his clean work. I haven't contacted him.

https://www.davessmallbodyheis.com/

He's got approximate prices, seems like he's done a lot of this. Whoever converted this one did a very clean job, though in the photos it's all dirty from sitting in a box. It cleaned up nicely. 

1960 Rambler Super two-door wagon, OHV auto
1961 Roadster American, 195.6 OHV, T5
http://www.ramblerLore.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic