TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 AMX Clutch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxstv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Steve_P Steve_P wrote:

The Centerforce Dual Friction will have the best holding power and the lowest pedal force.  It feels like you're driving a Honda Civic.

what he said....mine has been in my 69-390 AMX since 1996...no problems..ever.. .easy on the leg too amxstv
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 3:25pm

You can remove the weights.  But have you actually owned a car with a CF DF or just repeating what you've read online?  I'm betting it's the latter. 

No I have not owned a car with a CF clutch. Have replaced them on Jeeps that these weights got all jammed up.
Did not know you could just remove them - that would be better.
And changing the clutch on a Jeep is a lot harder then a car. You can pull the engine or you can pull the transmission and transfer case. Done it both ways and neither, in my humble opinion, is easy for such a stupid thing to go wrong!
mbwicz View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbwicz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/25/2022 at 4:03pm
After my conversation with Ram, I bought the 401 pressure plate and the 201 clutch disk from Jegs.  They are listed as GM 10-1/2" parts.  No issues with the install, but again, I haven't hooked up the clutch linkage or started the car.

Mike

1970 AMX, one step forward, one step back. Both steps cost time and money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic