TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Holley Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/08/2023 at 4:38pm
When I got my sniper, the TPS connect was not fully in place and one of the injector connectors was half off. I zipped tied all the injectors after hearing horror stories about connectors coming off while driving and leaving people stranded.
Currently I am looking for extra injectors, as I heard they have been known to fail.
Randy B
68 Javelin SST 343
73 Charger Rallye 340 triple Blk
WesternRed View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2023 at 5:27pm
Anybody got any ideas of what's going on here with the AFR data:

I've finally given up drinking for good...........now I only drink for evil.
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2023 at 6:08pm
What's going on with the TPS?
It's reading pretty much 0 and when it does a reading everything goes wonky.
Also there is no timing on this chart. Is the Sniper controlling the timing or have you got this on a completely separate loop?
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2023 at 9:32pm
It’s a drag run, most of the data is at idle. It is running timing as well, but can only show so many lines on a chart. For me, it’s odd because it’s mostly on closed loop control, so not sure why it’s not bringing the AFR back onto target. Obviously a few things to check, maybe air leak or injector issue, some sort of RF interference?
Gench View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/23/2023 at 10:59pm

Looking at CL compensation, your fuel map is lean at idle and rich in the higher RPM. I’d start by getting CL adjustments as close to 0, or slightly positive… if I remember correctly sniper can correct lean faster than rich. 

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesternRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/26/2023 at 1:38am
Just to update this, I did a number of checks and the most likely thing I can come up with is a loose injector plug. The Holley electrical connectors for the injectors are a bit of a known problem area, so I have applied the tried and trusted solution of cable tying them on. 

For now it seems things are back to normal, had basically fixed itself on the last run I did anyway.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic