TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Aftermarket LED Tallamp Bulbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/21/2007 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by 70MarkDonohue 70MarkDonohue wrote:

I was told you need a new flasher relay for the LED's

Yessir. About 10 bucks at any parts store. They're listed as "electronic" flashers right on the rack.
prostreetamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2007 at 1:46am
 The no load electronic flasher I got for my 77 did not work properly in my case. I also swapped out the dash indicator lights and had very little load left. They probably work fine with the factory indicator lights. My Hemi Javelin already has led dash turn signal indicators and I am changing all the outside lights to leds so a resistor is planned. The 2004 truck dash I am using does not have a regular plug in resistive flasher unit.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]
poormansMACHINE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/22/2007 at 3:14am
Not sure what they gave you if it didn't work. That's the purpose of the electronic flasher. It requires no load at all to function.
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2007 at 2:42am
I got 4 new metal Aftmkt taillamp sockets from my Napa guy and the LED bulbs fit nice & tight. I have the correct flasher unit for LED's. How will the flasher unit affect my NON LED front turn signal bulbs?
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2007 at 5:17am
No effect what so ever. Flash rate is built into the unit whether there's bulbs attached or not. Doesn't care about how much load.
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2007 at 8:26am
Originally posted by poormansMACHINE poormansMACHINE wrote:

No effect what so ever. Flash rate is built into the unit whether there's bulbs attached or not. Doesn't care about how much load.

I was hopin you would tell me that. Thanks for all your help in this thread.
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2007 at 12:31pm
Here's one for you all.
Wait till you see the first set of LED headlights roll off the ass'y line this year.
Peter Marano View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Marano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2007 at 10:16pm
I hope they have heaters in the capsule for the people who refuse to clear the snow off of the car before driving.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2007 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Peter Marano Peter Marano wrote:

I hope they have heaters in the capsule for the people who refuse to clear the snow off of the car before driving.

Ahhh, the mobile igloo. Yup, the season is coming soon.
prostreetamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2007 at 11:18pm
What is snow? We don't have anything like that here. People would have to actually turn thier headlights on before they notice they aren't working properly. I see several cars each morning, not running thier lights. Some have just headlights with the markers probably having a blown fuse, but at least 1 or 2 each morning are running blind. Many of our main roads have street lights, but that still isn't enough light in some areas.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic