TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Anyone Ever Work in a Fiberglass Body Business

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/28/2021 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by PROSTOCKTOM PROSTOCKTOM wrote:

Originally posted by 6PakBee 6PakBee wrote:

I am too old and talent-less!
Your never to old and anyone that has the desire can learn to do anything they set their mind to. A year ago I started working on a two piece dash mold and I had never touched any of the materials needed to do it. If a person has a purpose/ desire and makes the project a priority then they will always have positive results. I live by the words, Nothing ventured, Nothing gained everyday. All it takes is the burning desire to do something and it can become a reality.

Tom

I should have been a bit more specific.  At my age I really don't have that many productive years left.  A project such as the Aston-Martin DB would require 2-3 years which, considering everything else I have in the hopper, is just too much time to invest.

As to talent, I'm not afraid of trying anything.  But I'll never play guitar like Jimi Hendrix, I'll never sing like Frank Sinatra, and I won't ever dance like Fred Astaire, regardless of how much practice I put into it.

Sometimes realism enters the equation.  As Clint Eastwood put it, "A man has to know his limitations".

Thumbs Up
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
1958 rambler super View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1958 rambler super Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2021 at 11:10am
Fred Astaire!!!! I've heard of him, but from my co worker that's in his 70's, apparently Fred was a very good dancer. But chuck Connors from the rifle man is still cooler!
My dad used to be a independent fiberglass contractor, he was so good lots of people knew who he was, and now these days if he wanted to he could charge like $50 an hour easy, but he's getting old and tired and has residual cancer problems plaugeing his life, so no more fiberglass. I've asked him to teach me more then once, but it never happened.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/10/2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by 1958 rambler super 1958 rambler super wrote:

if he wanted to he could charge like $50 an hour easy.
More like a $100 an hour easy.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic