TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Source for emblem lock pins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Source for emblem lock pins?
    Posted: Sep/17/2021 at 6:12pm
We only have two sizes available at the local parts hut.  Pretty sure installing emblems doesn't involve a drift and a hammer.  My money is that they're too tight.

Anybody have a source for proper emblem retainers?
I am genetically incapable of being Politically Correct.
304-dude View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 304-dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2021 at 7:49pm
I think I still have 4 on my body. Haven't bothered pulling them, as i recall the driver's side has them intact. I never had anyone request, so I never put much thought into them.
71 Javelin SST body
390 69 crank, 70 block & heads
NASCAR SB2 rods & pistons
78 Jeep TH400 w/ 2.76 Low
50/50 Ford-AMC Suspension
79 F150 rear & 8.8 axles
Ford Racing 3.25 gears & 9" /w Detroit locker
madams View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote madams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2021 at 8:54pm
I recently used the items below for 68 AMX circle and Letters from APD (the usual vendors probably have them also) - seemed to work well.  I included the shot of the 70 set but have never used that one.

Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2021 at 10:31pm
Awesome! Thanks!
hassyfoto View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hassyfoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2021 at 7:58am
Darrin, since you have what appears to be a barrel clip that is slightly to small, do you know the size of that clip. You can get the next size up from a specialty vendor.
There are several vendors out there, not AMC, that sells barrel clips in all sizes. The trick is to know the size. 
Although he sells for Mopars.  http://www.rtspecialties.net  is most likely one of the most comprehensive sites out there. A barrel clip or sometimes called a barrel nut is generic. The size of the clip has to match the stud on the emblem or molding.
I have bought clips from him in the past for just about every make & model of car made from the 40's to the 80's.
  I have a metal drawer divider that I keep with about 25 different sizes of barrel clips/nuts. I look at the stud on the emblem select a size I think will work, push the clips on the stud about 1/8 inch to make sure the clip is the correct diameter size and holds tight. Then I check to make sure the outside diameter of the clips fits the hole on the car. So, both the outside diameter to fit the car and the inside diameter to fit the stud of the emblem must be considered.

Hope this helps. 
Wacko
Murphy's Law:
Any given mechanical job you decide to solve alone will imminently require a third hand, at its most critical moment

Fluffy73 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fluffy73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2021 at 1:54am
Thanks.  I've got reproduction emblems from Alex Gorlick for my Gremlin.  Local parts house had nothing, and even my old pins don't seem to fit too well. Not sure what the problem is but I'm going to assume that the reproduction emblems might have been made slightly oversize.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/26/2021 at 1:45pm
Au-Ve-Co aka AuVeCo aka Automobile Vehicle Company
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic